per replay sent
per forum messages, please
I'm not really active but here is my 2 cents :
- any LTB is globally a good idea to keep pipsqueaks active along the month instead of racing only during quiet days
- I agree with Akoss on this point : race winner with no bonus should get more points than 2nd driver with bonus(es).
- linear point system is not good for podiumers. In FTT competition (I abandonned suddenly when life had its own priorities, sorry again) point system was that last driver would get 1 point, and all pipsqueaks will get 1 more point than the pipsqueaks behind them, except the 2nd who will get 2 points more than the 3rd driver and the winner who will get 2 points more than the 2nd driver. That kind of system could be adapted, and it would proably be easier to understand for newcomers than 0.1, 0.09, 0.08... points given for pipsqueaks 13th to last.
This system has 2 benefits IMO :
- winning is rewarded better than with a constant point system like Kalpen competition, because winning has to be rewarded,
- winning versus 5 pipsqueaks is rewarded less than winning versus 10 pipsqueaks, because it's easier to win a 5 players race.
This system has also some weaknesses :
- ending 4th in a 10 players race will give as much points than winning of a 5-players race (7 points, without any bonus), which is far from perfect,
- maybe an average finish rank should compensate the system (a kind of "opposition level bonus), because a 5-players win versus Ayrton+Renato+Argy+Duplode (or CTG, or BJ, ... no offence, it's just an example
) is an exploit compared to winning a 10-players win versus 9 guys as crappy as I am (especially now after almost 3 years of non-competition and a game still not running fluently on my current computer). :p.