News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Be failed

Started by CTG, January 20, 2004, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Well done! :)

It's 4 years since my last post in this topic, and I'm still sweating over exams... Currently writing for my bachelor degree. I'm reading the most difficult/advanced/boring texts one can imagine in humanities!! Jacques Derrida and Jürgen Habermas. Don't ever start reading them. Derrida has a certain vividity, but it's completely impossible to guess what the hell he's talking about. Habermas is very boring, and it's also impossible to figure out what he's talking about unless you're already a professor, just got up 30 minutes ago and have already had 3 cups of coffee.
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 22, 2008, 06:38:12 PM

It's 4 years since my last post in this topic, and I'm still sweating over exams... Currently writing for my bachelor degree. I'm reading the most difficult/advanced/boring texts one can imagine in humanities!! Jacques Derrida and Jürgen Habermas. Don't ever start reading them. Derrida has a certain vividity, but it's completely impossible to guess what the hell he's talking about. Habermas is very boring, and it's also impossible to figure out what he's talking about unless you're already a professor, just got up 30 minutes ago and have already had 3 cups of coffee.
This reminds me that you never explained what you think "Le bateau ivre" of Arthur Raimbaud talks about.

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 22, 2008, 08:31:19 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 22, 2008, 06:38:12 PM

This reminds me that you never explained what you think "Le bateau ivre" of Arthur Raimbaud talks about.

Do it in Poetry Fanats topic... ;D :P

BonzaiJoe

Krys: yes, I remember, sorry about that :) It's a big thing, because I don't believe in univocal readings, so I have to make a serious, probably complex, reading. And as I'm already busy writing actual papers for the university, I don't have much mental energy left for literature criticism here :-/. But I will do it! I must!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 23, 2008, 01:58:02 AM
Krys: yes, I remember, sorry about that :) It's a big thing, because I don't believe in univocal readings, so I have to make a serious, probably complex, reading. And as I'm already busy writing actual papers for the university, I don't have much mental energy left for literature criticism here :-/. But I will do it! I must!
According to me, there is 3 levels of comprehension of this text. But I fear one of them is impossible to find if you don't know well French history of 2nd part of XIXth century. "Le bateau ivre" has been written in 1871, it's an indication. ;-)
Anyway, no problem, I'll wait.

BonzaiJoe

Then I will not do a historical reading :)

CTG

Bah, another die/survive meeting with all of my bosses today at 3 PM, problem is mainly my former presentation and the lack of plans for the future (last one year of PhD). That sucks!

You know what to do with fingers! ;)

CTG

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on June 09, 2008, 04:16:58 PM
Survived again. ;D

We were all sure about this (again), as well as you, too (again). At least I can't take your crying seriously at cases like this.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 09, 2008, 08:02:07 PM
Quote from: CTG on June 09, 2008, 04:16:58 PM
Survived again. ;D

We were all sure about this (again), as well as you, too (again). At least I can't take your crying seriously at cases like this.

But this kind of self-pity saves me from a possible big fiasco - I prepare for it every time.

BonzaiJoe

I do the same... And every time, it really is never sure because it depends on a really good performance. We just usually manage this when under pressure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoeunder pressure
No, I won't write the (long) lyrics but I can't stop thinking now of the excellent song "Under pressure" by Queen. :)

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 12, 2008, 10:35:27 AM
No, I won't write the (long) lyrics but I can't stop thinking now of the excellent song "Under pressure" by Queen. :)

Töff is still Töff... ;D

Queen made quality music, they are the ethalon for me.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on June 12, 2008, 11:20:57 AM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 12, 2008, 10:35:27 AM

Töff is still Töff... ;D

Queen made quality music, they are the ethalon for me.

The existence of the word "queen" is the failure of the society. Only a male person should reign over a country.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

1. Queen used to just mean the king's wife.

2. What about bees, do you demand male rule among those too?  ;D