News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Point system 2004

Started by Stunts Oracle, January 23, 2004, 10:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which point system do you like for Zakstunts 2004?

Classic: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
6 (50%)
2003 style: 175-170-165-160 and so on...
1 (8.3%)
New "elitist" system: 15-11-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
3 (25%)
IRC 2003 system: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
2 (16.7%)
Mega elitist ISA sys: 10-6-4-3-2-1
0 (0%)
Other (please explain which)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 23, 2004, 10:51:58 PM

satanziege

Perhaps Zak is a good emperor  who wants to see his pipsqueaks happy :)
FNORD!

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: "satanziege"Perhaps Zak is a good emperor  who wants to see his pipsqueaks happy :)

Then why didn't he choose the most popular choice (10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1)???
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Mingva

QuoteThen why didn't he choose the most popular choice (10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1)???
Read again Zak's post. He wrote there why 10-9-... isn't suitable for ZCT.

Quote from: "Mingva"Read again Zak's post. He wrote there why 10-9-... isn't suitable for ZCT.

It IS suitable. It works fine in big competitions, it worked in Kalpen contest, a system based on that point system worked well in 2001 and 2002, the pipsqueaks won who deserved it the most. It is the most fair, and THE BEST FOR COMPETITIONS WHERE THE NUMBER OF pipsqueaks IS FLUCTUATING because of pipsqueaks like you, who doesn't race seriously each month. The point differences are the smallest with the classic system.

629.09 km

Anonymous

Akoss,do you think the majority decisions are always the best?
No.And the reason is that most people haven't analyzed the specific problems deeply enough but just vote for the think which feels best at the first glance.

And that's the reason why most democracies usually don't feature referendums.It simply makes not sense to make referendoms about who has to pay how much % tax or similiar issues ;)

Quote from: "Anonymous"Akoss,do you think the majority decisions are always the best?
No.And the reason is that most people haven't analyzed the specific problems deeply enough but just vote for the think which feels best at the first glance.

And that's the reason why most democracies usually don't feature referendums.It simply makes not sense to make referendoms about who has to pay how much % tax or similiar issues ;)

Rotoi or Zak?

629.09 km

alanrotoi

I have an user account, why I should write with a annonimous guest?

Mingva

Quotethe pipsqueaks won who deserved it the most.
And what's against 20-16-... system then? With it pipsqueaks, who deserves the most, will win contest too :P But now we're talking about points to weaker pipsqueaks (like me), and system used in Cart is the best for now.

alanrotoi: my vote was for current (present) system  :P  :D

Anonymous

'The point differences are the smallest with the classic system.'

Are they?

No!:               1st place    10,1 points
                    2nd place   10 points  
                    3rd place    9,8 points
                    4th place    9,5 points
                    5th place    9,1 points
                    6th place    8,6 points
                    7th place    8,0 points
                    8th place    7,3 points
                    9th place    ..............

SO you think small point differences are good?

Argammon

Alanrotoi: Because sometimes it takes ages for pages to load and in that case I don't waste my time to log in.

Quote from: "Anonymous"'The point differences are the smallest with the classic system.'

Are they?

No!:               1st place    10,1 points
                    2nd place   10 points  
                    3rd place    9,8 points
                    4th place    9,5 points
                    5th place    9,1 points
                    6th place    8,6 points
                    7th place    8,0 points
                    8th place    7,3 points
                    9th place    ..............

SO you think small point differences are good?

LOL
I would love this system!
But don't overstate please. 1 point difference was used during long long years and it always worked well.
Zak says he hates arguments... and he creates new system each year (=new big argument each year). WHY?

629.09 km

alanrotoi

Quote from: "Argammon"Alanrotoi: Because sometimes it takes ages for pages to load and in that case I don't waste my time to log in.

I only answered Akoss's question about who wrote his previous message. He asked "Rotoi or Zak?". It wasn't something against you.

CTG

My view is that LTB works too good: people create almost impossible times at the beginning of the month. Do you think it's healthy for the comp? Just imagine: a newbie comes and he can see cruel times on the scoreboard. If he's not enough self-confident, then he turns back and won't race anymore there. I'm happy that there was no LTB when I arrived to ZakStunts...

To Mingva, Alain, Alan, etc. who will insult me because of this message: don't say me any provocative things, only your opinion about this topic. Thanks!

alanrotoi

I still don't know how are the rules here, but..... who cares? :lol:

JTK

Yeah, Alan, that's right! Don't care about the rules just race! :)  :)  :)