News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

windows problem

Started by al il professore, January 28, 2004, 09:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al il professore

when i put the cursor on a exe icon or a mp3 icon, windows xp reboots... or shows what is called a blue screen of the death

any idea to solve it?

stop: 0x0000008E related to i81xdnt5.dll

and ok dont tell me to format c: and reinstall windows... im not this kind of patsy.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth
--Muhammad Alain
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Argammon

That has most likely to do something with your graphic card drivers.
Reinstall them.

More specific info if you are a nerd:

0x0000008E means that a program generated a kernel exception error  which wasn't handled by the error handling routine of win xp.

That are usually hardware compatibility issues (in your case most likely graphic card driver).

Those can usually be solved by installing the newest graphic card driver or if that does not work try a bios update.

Of course you should make sure you have not caught any malicious virus ;)

Greets
Arg

JTK

Hi Alain, try and ask the Microsoft knowledge base, this here may be a useful link to solve your problem:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=83&qu=0x0000008E&View=en-us