News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

There are no live races anymore.

Started by Argammon, February 02, 2004, 02:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on February 20, 2007, 09:26:02 AM
WE WANT LIVE RACES!!!
Doing live races without WSM would be possible if we all go back to chatroom.
I went there from time to time, but it's always empty. :-\

CTG

Or let's make MSN Live Race! (mIRC is dangerous ;D)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on February 20, 2007, 10:43:27 AM
Or let's make MSN Live Race! (mIRC is dangerous ;D)
Why mIRC is dangerous ? ???

CTG

Krys TOFF

Akoss, BJ or Argy were active and efficient at noRH chatroom events.
Come on guys, give SDR noRH competition a try. ;)

Chulk

It seems neither Akoss, BJ, Argy or anyone else is interested, don't know why... Contest is great!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Because they are afraid of me, muhahahhaha. :D

Mark L. Rivers

CTG, when I arrived in Stunts racing world you always sent a NORH time for NORH ZakStunts' scoreboard. Your times were absolutely thunderous. I remember, for example, ZCT68, a quite long INDY car track (80"-90") where drivers had to keep a very, very, very long powergear, cutting the mountain, switching from a way to another and sliding in a very difficult way so not to take a easy penalty... But your time was only 10" higher than RH time, fantastic. You was always the first on the scoreboard, even if not all other drivers were sure that your NORH times were real.
So I thought that you was very happy when I announced the first official NORH contest availing DOSBox features. But, "strangely" your reaction was opposite. This is an extract of your comment:

Quote from: CTG on June 02, 2006, 05:53:37 PM
I still say WSM LIVE RACE is the only original and real noRH contest (video files can be modified easily...).

After seeing the enthusiasm of other drivers, you said that you had some problems to use DOSBox but finally you resolved them.

Quote from: CTG on July 28, 2006, 01:28:54 PM
Finally I solved it! The problem was that it didn't accept three buttons in the same time - dunno why, it's also true in the gameplay. I changed it in the keymapper to a simple F5 and now it works. :)

In fact, afterward, you took part in a SDR NORH race, that is "Control" (October 2006), with a very fluent video wherewith you arrived 3rd, distance 1" from me and 1"15 from Chulk.
And last March you was afraid for leaving last NORH race. The reason wasn't any problems with DOSBox (the fluency of your videos was almost perfect, even if not like pure DOS, exactly like for all us). As you said, the reason was the time.

Quote from: CTG on March 21, 2007, 10:09:05 PM
Sorry for leaving out te last noRH race but nowadays I'm too busy to spend more time on Stunts.

Another your trial (very fluent video again) this year, in "Smart" (May 2007), but maybe with less conviction. You arrived 5th (last one), distance 4" from Chulk, 3"40 from me, 1"35 from Duplode and 0"60 from Krys TOFF.
Stop here for you with NORH races.

It's difficult to understand why a so "dogged" NORH player who raced when his perfomances couldn't be considered reliable, fighting only with one or two other drivers, then decided to abandon totally the same specialty after he had the possibility to measure himself with others in an official contest.

Maybe one day you'll give us a valid explanation about it...  ;)

Anyway, I don't know that drivers who Chulk mentioned are afraid of you. About current NORH drivers, I don't think they are afraid of you too. Sure I'm not.  ;)  So if you will want to take part at current NORH official contest, you're welcome. And if you'll demonstrate that we should be afraid of you, I'm the first one who will be happy to race against you. But, even if I hope to be wrong, I feel that you won't race in the NORH official contest... or not?  ;)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Chulk on September 18, 2007, 03:15:44 AM
It seems neither Akoss, BJ, Argy or anyone else is interested, don't know why... Contest is great!

Just read. :) I suffer from constant computer problems, there's no working computer which can produce a PC speaker/sound blaster card sound when I'm playing Stunts, which makes me a lot slower. I push the brake and make the transmissions according to the sound of the car - and I can't do that now.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

DOSBox live racing is quite hard with my weak, slow and wrecky notebook. On the other hand since I have to use USB keyboard, I can't race without RH (very annoying keypress delay, maximum two keys at the same time, pressing a button fluently causes a big trouble as you can't stop it). Maybe later if I buy a new computer...

BonzaiJoe

I haven't been racing SDR NoRH yet because I haven't bothered, really... First of all, I have been gone from all kinds of racing from February to September, second of all, I actually tried to install DOSBox once, but failed, and third of all I don't feel the need to prove myself very much, because a lot of people have seen my NoRH skills at the meetings.
But if I find the time and motivation, I would like to come and compare myself with the newer drivers...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

What about having online races again? Maybe with a bit different rules, like: you have 10 or 15 minutes and RH is allowed. It would be fair game for sure.

CTG

CTG

The only thing to remember is the RibiTimi live race... ;D

CTG

I am calling everybody to send their replays without any shortcutting or two tile-cutting way switch to me in a permanent Stunts tracks competitions (let's use the closed versions). I wonder who will be the best in Default+Bernie's+Joe's+Cherry's+Helen's+Skid's Cosed in overall. You all know my e-mail address, so send it! ;)