News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Leading time

Started by Argammon, February 03, 2004, 11:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What option do you prefer?

Checkpoint idea
0 (0%)
Just remove leading time
1 (16.7%)
Weird idea called C)
0 (0%)
Keep leading time
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 03, 2004, 11:02:19 AM

Argammon

It looks like only 2-3 pipsqueaks will earn the leading time this year making them even more elitist!

Maybe because to earn the leading time you must be able to race regulary all month?

For me the only purpose in leading time is that you don't stay on an empty scoreboard 1 day before deadline with times like 1.35 on shortcut free tracks and the winner has a time of 1.15 because everyone was hiding big time.The actual points are just bonus points for those who usually win anyways

Some ideas:

A)Replace leading with 1 or 2 'checkpoints' during the month:

Advantage:That way we would have decent times on the board before deadline and pipsqueaks who can't race to regularily could try to send 1 or 2 good times at the checkpoint dates and -maybe- other pipsqueaks will be able to earn the leading time points.

Disadvantage:Maybe still the same pipsqueaks earn the extra points?It's not really an option to get rid of the points alltogether.

B)Remove leading time:
Advantage:No bonus points for top pipsqueaks
Disadvantage:Everyone would be hiding big time until deadline,competition would be boring.

C)No leading time,but if pipsqueaks final time is more than 2 seconds worse than their last official time before quiet days they get -2 points for time hiding *g*
Advantage:No more elitist leading time points.

Disadvantage:Maybe everyone will send a time 2 seconds worse than his actual time before quiet days and so we would be able to see the winner 2 days earlier *g*

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

It has no meaning to vote, Zak would say again: results are unofficial, he won't change anything, because it wasn't him who has created the poll.  :?
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

satanziege

As Argy said, LTB is a bonus for the two or three who win anyway :) I don't mind it. With the curent spacings between the first places LTB is unlikely to be THE important factor for championship. But this checkpoint idea might be a drawback for pipsqueaks who race only 1 - 3 days per month (and this being the last 3 days of contest).  I think this discussion should only be important for next season, as i think it might earn protests to change LTB rule in midseason, doesn't it. There were voices who already thought so about the point refinement at end-january, but at least no track was finished then :)

so long satanziege
FNORD!

Arg

The poll was not made to make Zak change anything NOW,it was just made to what the community thinks about it.

Satan: 'But this checkpoint idea might be a drawback for pipsqueaks who race only 1 - 3 days per month (and this being the last 3 days of contest)'

I think those pipsqueaks don't gain leading time as well.It's a general problem.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: "Arg"The poll was not made to make Zak change anything NOW,it was just made to what the community thinks about it.

That's why I decided to vote. :)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km