News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Time Difference Bonus (TDB)

Started by Mingva, February 14, 2004, 03:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opinion about TDB?

Normal, no need to change something
1 (33.3%)
I like it, but must be another formula
1 (33.3%)
TDB is not needed at all
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: February 14, 2004, 03:53:18 PM

Mingva

Quote from: "from TDB rules"and people who are below the 12th place, but have a result close enough to the top still receive points.
If you'd look to current ZCT35 scoreboard, you'd notice that only Leo and DieselJoe wouldn't get additional point. I don't think that times worse 15-17 secs than leader's are close enough to the top times. I don't like this bonus at all.

Quote from: "TDB formula"Calculate the time difference between the 1st and the 7th pipsqueak finished. Double this value, and add this to the winning time.
I think current formula is very bad and if 7th pipsqueak has much worse result than above him (like on ZCT35 now), then even most of n00bs will get additional point.

What do you think about it?

DieselJoe

Quote from: "Mingva"If you'd look to current ZCT35 scoreboard, you'd notice that only Leo and DieselJoe wouldn't get additional point.

In my opinion the CURRENT scoreboard doesn't have to say much. There are few pipsqueaks than last time, I guess some will still come.
And I also think, that there are many pipsqueaks which still have not raced seriously, and as the top time can't be maxed out forever, I guess others will get closer, so the difference between 1st and 7th will shrink...

At least I think MY time won't stay the same - if I would manage that pipe-jump once!  :x
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool