News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

IRC

Started by Anonymous, February 19, 2004, 01:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Who got the hilarious idea that people have to be voiced in order to chat there?I mean what is the use?
Ok I think it's a mistake that most people are not 'voiced' anymore but I think the whole idea of needing to be voiced is hilarious...

DieselJoe

Sorry, what does "voiced" mean here?
The translations in my dictionary don't make sense in this context  :lol:
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

satanziege

AFAIK there are severl levels to set for users in IRC (Internet Relay Chat, not the competition :) ) Highest ist Op (Operator, we need an exit :) ) second is voice, guess it was thought for chatrooms where not everyone should talk but invited people.
FNORD!

DieselJoe

Thanks.
And by the way, as I read your post....
what does "FNORD!" mean?  :D:wink:
Tool

alanrotoi

It remembers me Pinky & Brain :D

al il professore

fnord     n.     [from the "Illuminatus Trilogy"] 1. A word used in email and news postings to tag utterances as surrealist mind-play or humor, esp. in connection with Discordianism and elaborate conspiracy theories. "I heard that David Koresh is sharing an apartment in Argentina with Hitler. (Fnord.)" "Where can I fnord get the Principia Discordia from?" 2. A metasyntactic variable, commonly used by hackers with ties to Discordianism or the Church of the SubGenius.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "al il professore"fnord     n.     [from the "Illuminatus Trilogy"] 1. A word used in email and news postings to tag utterances as surrealist mind-play or humor, esp. in connection with Discordianism and elaborate conspiracy theories. "I heard that David Koresh is sharing an apartment in Argentina with Hitler. (Fnord.)" "Where can I fnord get the Principia Discordia from?" 2. A metasyntactic variable, commonly used by hackers with ties to Discordianism or the Church of the SubGenius.
That's why he calls himself "professore". Alain, the teacher of the forum. :lol:
Thanks for explanations by the way, I didn't knew what FNORD means too. :wink:

CTG

Teachers are talking about something...
Their speech contains something...
Alain is a teacher but...  :lol:

al il professore

be adviced i still don't know what is fnord for sure.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

satanziege

I use that sig for several years now, and DJ was the first to notice it :) in the illuminatus trilogy a very strange sci-fi-conspiracy-theory-fantasy-dunno-what book the secret societies write the secret word fnord in every newspaper article any text, but make you not to see it... if you can see it you are on your way to uncover the secret societies who run everything :shock:  There was major film ("23") here in germany about a hacker who believed in the book, worked for the KGB and died after he was uncovered under mysterious cicumstances which still make conspiracy theorists run mad and which made me read the book. I found it cool, as it has absolutely NO meaning in itself, but only in it's presence. At least no meaning known to the non-Illuminati  :P  

BTW: Very good research Alain  :wink:
FNORD!

DieselJoe

Then I will look at the newspapers more exactly since now...  :wink:

BTW "23" was a cool film...
Tool

satanziege

But beware - it's dangerous to see the FNORD's  8)

And yes  - 23 was the best German film i've seen so far. But the book was rather exhausting. :(
FNORD!