News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts jubilee

Started by zaqrack, February 29, 2004, 01:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Ahoi pipsqueaks of past, present and future!

Tomorrow will be the 3rd year jubilee of ZakStunts online.
I was 19 then, and now I'm 22. Time flies :)
I'd like to thank to everyone who sent a single replay to the competition, and of course deepest respects to everyone who stay with us for a longer period.
I'd like to add a nice new feature to the site for the jubilee, a ZakStunts history. I'll collect all the dates of important events, like 2001 mar 01 - ZakStunts started, or 2001 mar 31 - Fdzierva won ZCT01, etc etc.
Please collect such important dates you remember, team foundations, team broke-ups, new pipsqueaks joining, wins, new rule, big flamewars, improvements - anything you remember or find in the forum archive.
Then I'll put these in a database, and on the startpage below the news you can see for example: Happened today: "3 years ago ZCT01 was released to the public"

Thank you all, and wish you happy racing here, I'll do my best to provide the best I can.

Zak

alanrotoi

Congratulations to you Zak!! My motivation from the first time couldn't be the same without a site like yours.

Best Wishes,

Patricio.

JTK

Whow - so even more congrats, Zak!  :D
And I'll sit down and try to remember some events what happened in the Zakstunts era  :)

Best regards from JTK'S and KHR's World of Stunts Driving (about 6 years old?)

8)

Shoegazing Leo

Happy Birthday Zakstunts...

From the ST LOL "Organization"

Note: ST LOL was released on Jan, 2, 2002.

alanrotoi

Wow I found stuntlol only 1 or two months later! What a luck!

CTG

Two years ago Akoss Poo joined ZSC (as far as I remember)

zaqrack

On tuesday it has been already five years since I measure ZakStunts statistics.
Some intresting facts for those who usually don't check stats:

more than 151000 visits as of today

2006: 11111 as of now
2005: 30926
2004: 13417
2003: 34655 (with game downloads)
2002: 52113 (with game downloads)
2001:  9131

The busiest day was the season closing day in 2005, the 30th of December with 382 (non-unique) views

We had visitors from 136 countries around the world, including Greenland, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Mongolia and the Bahamas for example.

All this applies only for ZakStunts, without the forum which represents a huge load.

And all of this still sits on my home ADSL line :)

I'm happy ;)

CTG

Overall: 154 pipsqueaks from 32 nations

Ever in TOP8: 56
Podiumers: 24
Winners: 14

1 race in ZSC: 63
2-5 races: 51
6-10 races: 15
11-20 races: 11
more than 20 races: 14

Average number of races/driver: 6.88

JTK

Quote from: "zaqrack"And all of this still sits on my home ADSL line :)

Your provider is allowing a lot of traffic, doesn't he! And praise (this time I really mean "praise") you server in your locker! He's doing good work and is very reliable!  8)

zaqrack

well there is no traffic limit thank heavens.

the server lately is really reliable, needs a reboot only once a month.
however, the hard drive is slowly dying. I make security saves each week so don't worry :)

Another thing to worry about is the server abuse - some stupid hackers constantly try to get in -. only one suceeded by far in 2004, though I'm sure there are tons of security holes. :)
phew :)

JTK

What kind of server do you use? Windows?  :shock:  Apache? ...?

zaqrack

debian linux with apache. I'd never trust my home network or my site on windows  :shock:
The only drawback is that I can't have a domain name, as my home connection doesn'T have a fixed IP. I'd like stunts.hu sooo much, but migrating to a webhosting service would make things a lot more complicated.

JTK

Maybe you could earn some money nearby? With a little company called "zaqnet"?  :-D

zaqrack

it's not the financial part, it's rather that awful amount of reconfiguration :)
and it's hard to find a decent provider who gives normal bandwith outside Hungary too. Usually it's 100MBit domestic, 1MBit for others. That's not worth it. :)

But soon, maybe ;)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: zaqrack on February 29, 2004, 01:20:22 PM
Ahoi pipsqueaks of past, present and future!

Tomorrow will be the 3rd year jubilee of ZakStunts online.

Hello from the future! I have come to tell you that this is just the beginning. Zakstunts will live to see the 11th anniversary and possibly much more.
But we can't be quite sure.