News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stunts.mine.nu

Started by zaqrack, April 06, 2004, 01:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

I told you some days ago :P

JTK

Quote from: "JTK"Oh, that is very much... I consider asking my provider (who actually is a friend of mine) if he could give me some more space. You could have a part of that then, maybe it is faster (I think I could even get a 2nd level domain like stunts.kalpen.de). Shall I ask him?

Zak, I finally met my friend but the price is far too high, he said that he wanted double price from what I pay now (~ ? 13,00 a month), that is too much for me (or in other words: I don't want to sponsor  ~ ? 150,00 a year for that).  :(  Sorry  :(

zaqrack

uh thats a lot... i could get hosting cheaper, guess its not so expensive in Hungary. thanks for asking anyway!

zaqrack

server reinstall is due this year, probably in the winter holidays (then there's no track also) I've had enough of the mysterious shutdowns.

BonzaiJoe

ntrpzzsfhqrsd

(1000 posts)
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

server news:

my brother accidentally pulled out the power cord which resulted in a burn-down mainboard :( Don't ask how. It's quite sad as it was a rarity.

Fortunately I had a spare at home, so the server is now running on a Celeron 400Mhz, with a little less RAM (96MB) - 64 taken from my brother's computer = revenge ;)

So thats why we had a little downtime today. Sorry, and I hope there wont be many problems with the new mainboard.

CTG

Revenge: Umberto ?cs? must race on Z56. :)

zaqrack

a bit of bad news:

the server will be down on friday from 18:00 GMT+1 for a 1 to 12 hour duration.

and the good news:

our DSL will be upgraded, apart from the many many good things I'll experience you'll experience this:

from your point fo view:
Server upload speed 256kbyte/s -> 512kbyte/s
Server download speed 24kbyte/s -> 64kbyte/s
That means Zakstunts will be around 3 times faster. yipppeeeee :)

CTG

Really good news although speed of upload was already at acceptable level.

Krys TOFF

Zak : why IRC competition link from "inactive competitions" page is dead ?

Leo : why Stunts LOL competition link from "inactive competitions" page is dead ?

Alan : why 4D Stunts competition link from "inactive competitions" page is dead ? (well, I know why but it's to motivate you to make it back alive ;))

zaqrack

i lost the irc files when the forum was hacked :-S

CTG

Krys TOFF

Link for old HOTU Stunts 2004 should be changed : http://community.the-underdogs.info/gamecomp/stunts/ is the new link as underdogs.org domain has be bought by an ad company, so domain of HOTU is now underdogs.info.

zaqrack

Attention Competition Managers! Please send your competition's info and data for the portal, so I can update it for 2008.

And some great news about the server:
Finally there is a provider in our area, who can provide a synchronous 4/4 or 6/6Mbit web connection. As soon as the also offer IP based phone service, I'll change my current provider (due in some months), and probably order a 4/4 package. Conclusion: Server speed will boost from 64Kbyte/s to 512Kbyte/s, providing quick and easy access for you.
I also intend to upgrade to a fixed IP, as all the mine.nu addresses are banned in China.

Plan B: I'll move everything to some hosted webspace. But as this requires lots of work, this will only happen, if the first plan doesn't work or is too expensive.

zaqrack

Hello,

stunts.mine.nu and all hosted material (forum, wiki, etc.) will be unavailable on friday evening - saturday.
ZakStunts update will also only take place during the weekend, next track starts on sunday.

Click here to find out the reason why.

:)