News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dark Chaser will be away for 14 days

Started by Dark Chaser, July 20, 2004, 06:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Just to make it clear: he's away for 14 whole days, and will NOT race at all during that time. So his re-entry on the scoreboard will come in 14 days, at the earliest. Until then, he will be away for two weeks. So we will have to wait those 14 days.
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

Aah, things become clearer now. But I don't understand, BonzaiJoe, when you write "whole 14 days", does it mean 14 days times 24 hours which means 336 hours all in all?  :?

BonzaiJoe

Yes JTK. I'm not sure, but I think what Dark Chaser meant was that he will be away for 14 days and 14 nights. If you read a little deeper into his message, you can see that he will be away from the 13th of September until the 27th. If you subtract 13 from 27, you get 14. One day has 24 hours, so I guess those 14 days make 336 hours in all. So don't expect to see him before that time has passed.

Shoegazing Leo

Dark Chaser is journalist. He is from Santos and gone to Barretos cover an event. Barretos is something about 400 kilometers away from Santos (Santos is 80km away from São Paulo, the São Paulo State's Capital City)...

The Map (Look what Barretos is in the extreme north of São Paulo State and Curitiba appears on the Parana's State...[down side])

alanrotoi

Nice map from Zaire AKA Congo AKA Belgish Congo AKA Weekend terrain of the belgish crown!  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

alanrotoi

Well, If that's Zaire I would be in the East cost like Mozambique :D

JTK

@BJ: Thanks, I guess now I understood. Although I guess the matter "2 weeks" or "14 days" and what it means to return home afterwards is far too complicated for someone like me to really comprehend in all it's depth and complexity...

:D  :lol:  8)

BonzaiJoe

Also, the nature of the word "away" is actually very complicated. From my point of view, Dark Chaser is always "away", as he lives in Brazil. Whether he is in one part of Brazil or another part, doesn't really change the fact that he is away. In these two weeks, he is away from his home, but why should that bother us? He could still play Stunts wherever he is and send replays with laptop and wireless connection. So I think the main issue is actually not physical. The point is not, as Leo pointed out, that he has gone to Barretos, but that he is away from the Zakstunts competition. But Zakstunts is not a physical entity, so we are not talking about a measurable distance. The fact that he is away from his home and that he is away from Zakstunts somehow fall together, but only the last part is relevant to this forum, so I suppose that's what he was aiming to let us know.

The duration "14 days" is of course also relative, as the length of it depends on the speed with which one moves, compared to the speed of light. So those 14 days will actually be longer for Dark Chaser, because he will travel several hundred kilometers, while the rest of us just sit by our computers. With Leos map we could figure out exactly what the relative time difference between Dark Chaser's 14 days and our 14 days is. Then we could calculate exactly when he should return home (and also metaphorically returning to Zakstunts).

JTK

*JTK bows his head in humility and great admiration having read the wise words of the Master Of The Rain, The BonzaiJoe and feels unworthy.*

JTK

Don't forget the uncertainty principle of Heisenberg when calculating non-relevant times. I'm very impressed you could prove, that absence and existence can occur at the same time while time is not nessecary at all.

Also you proofed, that Stunts Racing is existing beyond time and space.

Thanks for that!  8)

satanziege

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"No no no, he clearly said he would be away from September 13th to September 27th. So I guess he will be back then...
Isn't that even 15days? That would be an uttlery new point in this discussion!
FNORD!

BonzaiJoe

That depends on our assumptions. Actually the message wasn't clear at all. If he leaves and returns at the same time of the day on the 13th and 27th, then he will be away for 14 days, but if he is away for ALL of the days, including the 13th and the 27th, then that is 15 days. So we must live in uncertainty until his return. The only thing we can know for sure is what he said: "I will be away from the 13th to the 27th".

JTK

Well, after all being sure of this we are sure of but nothing....  :(