News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dark Chaser will be away for 14 days

Started by Dark Chaser, July 20, 2004, 06:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

LOL there's about 220 towns or cities in the small Hungary, and I know at least 75-80% of them. And I think Usrin knows them (almost) all.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Shoegazing Leo

There is more than 5300 cities in Brazil...

The city what Alan Rotoi asked may be Balneario Camboriu (in Santa Catarina), but here in Curitiba, there is many argentiniens studying or working...

Usrin

I saw something very strange in news...
"02:58:37 Dark Chaser: Hello, guys! I will OUT until december 20. Reason: business again! Hugs."
I think that means DC goes away after sending this message, and we won't see him until 20th December. (I'm not sure about the meaning of this sentence... when will he get back? On 20th or on 21th?) But Dark Chaser got back 18 seconds later, and wrote another message, with the same text. Has his business route became much shorter than he expected and only took 18 seconds? And he couldn't be happy about that, because he had to start ANOTHER route, expecting it will take 10 or 11 days? And what happened after that? Because he wrote a third message at 03:03:08...
I think everybody wants to see that clearlier. Dark Chaser, there are very mysterious things about your trips for a long while...
:smt018
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

BonzaiJoe

Does this mean he won't race until december the 20th? Does it mean he will race at December the 20th at exactly 00.00.00 o'clock? Otherwise he would not just be away UNTIL December the 20th, but also a part of that day... Dark Chaser must learn to make himself more clear...
But we can't be quite sure.

Gutix

Quote from: "Usrin"I saw something very strange in news...
"02:58:37 Dark Chaser: Hello, guys! I will OUT until december 20. Reason: business again! Hugs."

Yep, very strange... a big mistery  :?:  :)

CTG

This one is the longest 14 days period ever... ;D

JTK

What do you mean, writing "14 days period"?
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

BonzaiJoe

As things have developed, the concept of "2 weeks" or "14 days", whether or not they are the same, is impossible to define. We have to define "14 days" simply as "the time Dark Chaser is away". This means that even though these time periods are uneven in terms of other events like the decay of Caesium, they are actually even in terms of Dark Chaser's absence.

But then the next problem comes: how do we define Dark Chaser's absence? This being an internet forum, most of us are actually absent most of the time. And even when we are here, are we really here? There is no physical place where the forum is. There may be a server somewhere which stores the posts as binary code, but none of us relates to that as the forum. We simply each look at our own screen, and there is nothing inbetween but cables. So being absent from this place is highly metaphorical and thus cannot be ground for a serious definition of time. We can set up a generic definition of absence like "not logging in", but even then we have to draw an arbitrary line somewhere. When I go to sleep, I am absent for 8 hours. There is no qualitative difference between that and Dark Chaser's longer absence. If we were to define his absence as "absence" and my absence as non-absence, we would run into a logical dead-end because defining a prolonged absence as absence requires us already to have a non-temporal concept of absence to build from, which is what we are seeking to abolish. So to conclude, there is no absence from the Stunts forum, and it is not even possible to talk about Dark Chaser being away in a different way than anyone who is not logged on right now is away. 

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 29, 2009, 11:17:25 PM
As things have developed, the concept of "2 weeks" or "14 days", whether or not they are the same, is impossible to define. We have to define "14 days" simply as "the time Dark Chaser is away". This means that even though these time periods are uneven in terms of other events like the decay of Caesium, they are actually even in terms of Dark Chaser's absence.

But then the next problem comes: how do we define Dark Chaser's absence? This being an internet forum, most of us are actually absent most of the time. And even when we are here, are we really here? There is no physical place where the forum is. There may be a server somewhere which stores the posts as binary code, but none of us relates to that as the forum. We simply each look at our own screen, and there is nothing inbetween but cables. So being absent from this place is highly metaphorical and thus cannot be ground for a serious definition of time. We can set up a generic definition of absence like "not logging in", but even then we have to draw an arbitrary line somewhere. When I go to sleep, I am absent for 8 hours. There is no qualitative difference between that and Dark Chaser's longer absence. If we were to define his absence as "absence" and my absence as non-absence, we would run into a logical dead-end because defining a prolonged absence as absence requires us already to have a non-temporal concept of absence to build from, which is what we are seeking to abolish. So to conclude, there is no absence from the Stunts forum, and it is not even possible to talk about Dark Chaser being away in a different way than anyone who is not logged on right now is away. 

Too nice message to stay without a reaction. So BÖFF! ;D

Usrin

QuoteLatest news from the ZakStunts crew:

2011-06-17
The poor site admin will need to go on a business trip to Beijing the end of this month, so site update will be delayed to July 3.

I think this topic is more actual than it ever was! My question to the experts: does the interval between 2011-06-17 and "the end of the month" fit the definition of "14 days"?
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

BonzaiJoe

Definitely not really. First of all, it isn't specified which month we are talking about. However, if we assume that we are talking about the current month, the month of June, then we do have a fixed (although imaginary) end time, which is exactly midnight after June 30th. However, 2011-06-17 is not a fixed point in time, but an interval of 24 hours. What we can conclude is this: between the first point of that interval and the "end of the month" point, there is 13,99999999... days, which is practically, but not theoretically, 14 days. This is because he is away until "the end of the month" and not "the beginning of the next month". Between the last point of the interval and the "end of the month", there is exactly 13 days.  By now we have already ruled out the possibility that he will be away for 14 days. We can definitely say that he will be away for a shorter period than that.
Now, whether 14 days can be classified as two weeks, and whether Zak is Dark Chaser's ghost, are completely different questions.

zaqrack

CTG

Darkie is away for ~1400 days (last seen in 2008).