News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dissecting the Stunts files, trying to. Anyone know more?

Started by Cyberman, July 23, 2004, 08:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

CTG

CTG

Other idea: we have some bikers in the community - is it possible to make a bike with some really primitive human shape on it? ;D

(Limit is only our fantasy, from the four wheel vagina to airplane shape... ;D)

Paleke

Here it is another idea: how about Mach 5?  ;D

Anyway, now I have some more free time, so I think I can work a little bit on the truck. I can promess results soon but I'll do my best. So I need all the files, can someone pass them to me or at least tell me where to find them?
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Duplode

Quote from: Paleke on May 20, 2008, 03:35:07 PM
Anyway, now I have some more free time, so I think I can work a little bit on the truck. I can promess results soon but I'll do my best. So I need all the files, can someone pass them to me or at least tell me where to find them?

Very nice! Here are your files, Paleke... the truck .3SH and the base CARLM02.RES are already available, so I included all relevant bitmaps from STDALM02.PVS and STDBLM02.PVS. They are to be edited in any usual bitmap graphics program, without adding any colour not included in their "default" palette - changing image size (e.g. to have a taller dashboard) should work in principle as long one adjusts the proper .VSH parameters in stressed, but I have no idea whether Stunts would complain for some reason or misplace the bitmap in that case. If you get everything ready, or just want to check the result in-game, while stressed is not available for Windows, just send me the bitmaps and I can re-insert them back into the .VSH files. The role of each bitmap is briefly described in the Wiki. And please do share all doubts and insights here... ;)

Paleke

Thanks, I'll start to work as soon as I can.

Now, there is a problem with my last post, I made a mistake
Quote from: Paleke on May 20, 2008, 03:35:07 PM

Where it says "can", it should be saying "can't". Sorry if someone got really excited after reading that :S
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

Problem is to be sure to use the same color palette to create a new dashboard I think.

Anyway, do you also plan to do car tuning of the truck Paleke, or just the dashboard look ?

Paleke

I'm planning to do both, I think I'll have less problems doing the tunning than the dashboard, as I'm not sure what colour palette the game uses. (Don't worry, I'll find out)

Here is another idea (since we are talking about trucks)

Duplode

Quote from: Paleke on May 21, 2008, 02:19:36 PM
I'm planning to do both, I think I'll have less problems doing the tunning than the dashboard, as I'm not sure what colour palette the game uses. (Don't worry, I'll find out)

Well, when I open a dashboard .png in GIMP (the open source equivalent to Photoshop) it automatically recognizes the exported bitmap as indexed and attributes the correct palette. But if you want to play on the safe side then you can use this palette, provided by dstien.

Krys TOFF

Krys TOFF

And what about an indycar with digital speedometer ?
When my F1 2002 will be ready, you'll get it. 8)
In the meantime, enjoy the view of it at the beginning of Default track. ;)

Chulk

I wonder what the speedometer would say if you got PG. 245? Car's info max speed?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on May 21, 2008, 08:15:24 PM
I wonder what the speedometer would say if you got PG. 245? Car's info max speed?
Same as with cars with already a digital speedometer : the real speed, so it's 245 (or up to 255 sometimes with indy ;)). Tested and confirmed. ;D

Chulk

Ok, thanks Krys. You satisfied my curiosity about that matter.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

One wild idea that crossed my mind on F1 cars: convert a cockpit from some old F1 game... for instance, here is a shot of Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 2 (from 1996):