News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dissecting the Stunts files, trying to. Anyone know more?

Started by Cyberman, July 23, 2004, 08:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

New scenery element idea: what about attendance next to the road? Like in rallies... ;)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on May 28, 2008, 05:17:01 PM
New scenery element idea: what about attendance next to the road? Like in rallies... ;)
Nice idea!!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Okay, about time for a semi-official release... here is my custom set of paintjobs for the Indy. The following colour sets are included:

• Black
  • Silver/Red (Vodafone Mclaren scheme)
  • Original Purple (my signature colour couldn't be missing... :))
  • Original Golden
  • Original Burgundy/Dark Red (that looks surprisingly beautiful)
  • British Racing Green (shades of grass for the cynical... :D)
  • Pink (now supplemented with a bit of violet)

Installation simply requires to move the original STPMIN.P3S away from the Stunts folder and replacing it by the provided STPMIN.3SH, without changing its name or extension. Enjoy!

Krys TOFF

BonzaiJoe

Really great! I just spent some minutes just driving around with F2 view :)
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

Chulk

Duplode

Quote from: Rotoi on May 31, 2008, 04:20:54 AM
It seems fun!

Wow, Alan Rotoi around here!...  8):)

@Chulk: To use the colour set remove STPMIN.P3S from the Stunts folder (preferably Cut-Paste it to somewhere safe in case you wish to restore the default paintjobs) and paste the attached STPMIN.3SH into the Stunts folder, and your Indy will be redressed instantly. Contextual info: .P3S is the extension for the original, Packed 3DShapes of Stunts. After decompression and customization the extension needs to be changed to .3SH so that Stunts knows there's no need to unpack the file. As an additional observation, note that all your old replays will be rendered with the new colours, as the replay file only contains an index pointing to the current .P3S/.3SH data.

Chulk

I did (quite) like that. I change the name of original STPMIN.P3S to STPMIN Original.P3S so I could have them back, and then paste the STPMIN.3HS but it didn't work... Maybe stunts recognized the other file despite I changed it's name?

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on May 31, 2008, 04:17:36 PM
I did (quite) like that. I change the name of original STPMIN.P3S to STPMIN Original.P3S so I could have them back, and then paste the STPMIN.3HS but it didn't work... Maybe stunts recognized the other file despite I changed it's name?

Strange, that shouldn't be happening... I performed the same renaming procedure on my regular Stunts folder and the new file loaded correctly.  Do you get a "Check Disk" error or the game simply loads the normal Indy? Maybe you could try removing the original file to a backup folder, or double-check for any additional (hidden?) files. But that's really strange... :-\

dstien

DosBox caches files. Did you do this while DosBox was running?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: dstien on May 31, 2008, 07:24:28 PM
DosBox caches files. Did you do this while DosBox was running?
Probably, If you download a new track and copy it in Stunts folder while DOSBox running, the track isn't recognized too. Only way is to restart DOSBox so maybe it's the same issue for you Chulk.

Chulk

I created a subfolder in Stunts called Mod. Copied the entire game there, and renamed the original file and paste the other. After that, I loaded DOSBox and Indy was loaded as usual. I'll try removing the file as I have it in Stunts folder anyway...

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on June 02, 2008, 10:47:07 PM
I created a subfolder in Stunts called Mod. Copied the entire game there, and renamed the original file and paste the other. After that, I loaded DOSBox and Indy was loaded as usual. I'll try removing the file as I have it in Stunts folder anyway...

Bizarre... if it still fails to load, try removing both the .P3S and .3SH for a test. If you do not get a "Check Disk" error, there's some mysterious power  acting on those files... but if you do get the error, reinsert the .3SH and cross your fingers  ;)

Krys TOFF

It's been weeks since last news from dstien... :-\ I hope he still works on his program.