News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

maintenance problems

Started by zaqrack, September 04, 2004, 10:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DieselJoe

Huh? Akoss dislikes Mr Spock!? :shock:  :roll:
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

BonzaiJoe

Yes, DieselJoe, please don't rip it up again... Mr. Spock joined the competition in 2003, but then Akoss accused him for cheating, and he was thrown out of the competition and all his scores were removed. He has sworn to destroy the forum if Akoss insults him again.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: "DieselJoe"Huh? Akoss dislikes Mr Spock!? :shock:  :roll:

That person is a girl. Or at least born to be a girl.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

zaqrack

someone you have never met, someone you dont know, someone who is kissing sensitively the back of my neck right now, someone who i love more than my life, someone who wants to be mine forever, someone I want to be with forever, someone who I'll go with to a depeche mode party tonight, someone I will have unforgettable sex with again this evening.
someone who is definitely not Mr. Spock :)

you are simply jealous

BonzaiJoe

I love you Leo!

And I thought Akoss meant Mingva... I really did. I mean, having a problem with Mingva is stupid, but I must say having a problem with Zak's girlfriend is much more stupid... congratulations Akoss, you're really really stupid  :D

BonzaiJoe

But when you wake up after that unforgettable sex, could you tell us the results? it could be really cool. The easiest must be just to post it in the news. You can do the update when your body has healed...

And I have to ask one critical question: What do you know about forever? If you know something about forever, please tell me, because I'm really curious...

Hope you had a great party and a great lay

zaqrack

forever is a time in the future what you cant exactly determine, how far it is.
results are coming...

Usrin

Listening to:

Hurkatolto - "Csak Mate foldjen"
Hurkatolto - "Torgyan Jozsef villajaban rozsdas lett az ivoviz, mert csotorese vagyon neki a haz elotti pazsit alatt cimu ironikus hangvetelu nepi ballada"
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

JTK

Quote from: "zaqrack"forever is a time in the future what you cant exactly determine, how far it is.
Another theory: Forever is where no time exists at all.  8)

@ DieselJoe:
And I swear that I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun

BonzaiJoe

Well, as far as I know:

If you can comprehend the word "never", you can also comprehend the word "forever". If something happens forever, it means it never stops happening. About Zak's situation, of course death will make it stop happening for sure. So practically, for humans, "forever" means until you die. But I just don't know how it can be so easy to predict the rest of one's life...
But if "forever" is defined as "some time in the future, not certain when", then it is much more realistic I must say. Actually, anything else would be very unrealistic.

JTK

Hi BonzaiJoe, great that you're back in the forum  :D

I think your definition of forever is too "narrow". There are many things that exist far beyond from forever following your theory, for example Stonehenge existed before you were born and will (hopefully) still exist when you are dead. So what about this? If never is before you are born and forever means the time until your death Stonehenge exists completely out of time then.  :)

I am not convinced yet but there are some points indicating that never and forever could be synonyms: Never means at no time at all. Difficult to imagine out of our human world, what that could be. Never could be the same as nothing then, because are entities able to exist without time? Entities can exist without space for sure (spirit and thoughts for example) but they need time to be sensed by us. Forever means at all time, which is the whole opposite of no time.But watching all time means to watch everything at one glancewhich is as absurd as trying to watch endlessness. It is very difficult for me to explain that in English words, but can you see, how near nothing, everything and endlessness are? The are so near that they could be synonyms in the end.

But that would be useless for us, what shall we use different words for what we cannot understand at all? So it maybe better to think of the aims we have in mind using the word forever . In Zak's case it could mean "from now on and as far as I can imagine" (which comes close to your definition again, Jacky). I think, when we use the word forever, we always have the wish in mind, something (which could also be a situation or a feeling etc.) could last from now on until the end of time as far as we can imagine. This means, one wants to keep the moment. But everyone, even the wishinmg person, knows, this cannot be done.

So forever is not a situation or a ontological entity but an imagination an verbalisation of a human wish, a prescription of an inner state of mind (heart, soul...) which can be used to show the importance and weight  of a situation to someone.

:?  :shock:  :?

BonzaiJoe

Yes, but not when used literally. I don't think forever counts the past too. If I never die, I will say I live forever, even though there was a time before I was born. My life is still infinite, because I never die. In Zak's case, literal use of the word forever is of course absurd (which is why I mentioned that forever in his case must mean until he dies). So I assumed that Zak meant "as far as possible". Which is until he or she dies. But my point was (completely non-metaphysically and down-to-earth): isn't it a bit hard to claim that you will be with someone forever, when you've only known that person for some weeks, and your life is probably going to last about 60 years more?

JTK

You're right. But that is what I meant: Zak uses forever to show how intensively he feels at the moment and how much he wants this moment to last. Me and my beloved wife, we chose another solution: We said, that we want to be together until we're 65 years old, then we'll check if the time gone by was o.k. Then we want to stay together until one of us dies.  :shock: That will prevent us from being totally disappointed, when the end of one's life comes and there is no forever at all.

By the way:
Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"
My life is still infinite, because I never die.
Of course you don't. You're only a weather god, but anyway you are a god, and those mostly do not die!  :lol:

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Listening to:

Stratovarius - Before the winter
Stratovarius - Years go by
Stratovarius - Forever
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km