News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

post counts

Started by zaqrack, September 13, 2004, 10:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Bonzai Joe's post number was increased by Jacky's (+41)

BonzaiJoe

What? I have no idea who Jacky is! Did he claim to be me?

(just kidding, thanks for merging them)
But we can't be quite sure.

Mingva

Zak, then you should delete Jacky from database as well. Plus CrazyDriver, as it's fake account :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

You should also delete registered members with 0 posts, and those who had less then 20 posts (for example, because we shouldn't delete Argammon, in case he returns) and inactive since 90 days.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Why?

Because we don't have 70 forum users. The number at the bottom of the page isn't telling the truth. To be honest, there's only about 10...

816.79 km

zaqrack

but we DO have 70 registered users.
deleting a registered user because he hant posted much (unless for technical reasons) is something like excluding someone from the national population, just because he/she is too old and will die soon.
Ok its not the same morally, but i hope you get the point.

It's the same on other forums or services where you have to register. After 90 months of inactivity, registration is deleted. And I think it's fair.

816.79 km

Mingva

What about Zak's example: if citizen not comming to elections he's still considering as member of his nation.

Akoss: take in mind that inactive forum members registered here because they're Stunts lovers. Now we know there're at least 68 in world :D

Zak: please delete CrazyDriver account (as it's fake) and Jacky's (dual account)  :!:

JTK

I am also against deleting accounts. There are users who only read and never or seldom write (like KHR although he was more active in the last months).

For example I would not like to be deleted as a user from Neil McRae's message board although I never write anything there. But I read it.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "JTK"I would not like to be deleted as a user from Neil McRae's message board although I never write anything there. But I read it.
I also think it's no use to delete non active users. But I can uderstand that very active forums (some have more than 20 000 users) do it.

About Neil's forum, well, it seems Neil is away since a long time now, and there's not much to read. For those still interested it's here : http://www.stuntsillusion.com/forum/index.php (link from Neil's site (http://stuntsillusion.com) is dead as it is linked to old .cjb.net url.

BonzaiJoe

I think it would be fair enough to delete Jacky and Crazydriver (unless that would mean their posts would disappear), and maybe CTG and CTG should be deleted too :D I think they are ghosts too.

Mingva

Quote from: "Bonzai Joe"and maybe CTG and CTG should be deleted too
Yes, probably. CTG and Bolo posted only in controversial TDC'2002 thread  :?

And what about Rotoi who has a treble account here?  :shock:  :?

816.79 km

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"I think it would be fair enough to delete Jacky and Crazydriver (unless that would mean their posts would disappear), and maybe CTG and CTG should be deleted too :D I think they are ghosts too.

They exist. As we said many many times, Crazy Driver is the ghost of CTG. Bolo was a friend of CTG until he was kicked from the university.

816.79 km