News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

F1 or F3 view?

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 09, 2002, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

I don't think anyone uses F2 or F4 views, but which one of F1 and F3 do you prefer? I clearly think F1 is best...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Well it depends on the game. In NFS series I like F3 type, but in Stunts ONLY F1!!!

alanrotoi

F1 view is good for competitions, but if you are using the INDY and you want to turn a corner maybe is harder than using F3.
I started to use F3 view in 1995 when I became a Daytona USA driver :)
Because in Daytona the best view for me is the High view.

In stunts I used F3 view but behind the car (3 times to the right and 1 to back with the "minus" buton). You'll see that the INDY will have a hole in the middle of the car and you can see the ground. So it's easy to know if you are in the middle of the road or not.

But when I started to play in competitions I must go back to use F1 view because is easier in this game.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I use F1 version in all of the racing games.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

al il professore

It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

I use F1 view to race, and F3 view to study rpls, especially with ISA/FSC rules, to be sure i didn't cut any corner.

shatterhand

I use the F3 view most of time, but just like alanrotoi, I change it a little bit. When doing loops and corckscrews, I change to the F1 view because it's easier to do it in this view.

I play most of the time with the Indy...

CTG

I can't imagine playing Stunts in F3 (or anything else than F1). Although I tried Default in F4 several times - usually in drunk state.

zaqrack

I do race in F3 sometimes.

What do you use to watch replays?

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on July 30, 2013, 10:12:32 PM
I do race in F3 sometimes.

First watch: F1
Section time analysis: F3, side view

Duplode

Mainly F3, be it for fun or for profit. F1 when comparing tracks before voting in CTG's polls  :D. As for section time analysis, mostly F3 overhead.

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on July 31, 2013, 12:41:37 AM

Mainly F3, be it for fun or for profit. F1 when comparing tracks before voting in CTG's polls  :D. As for section time analysis, mostly F3 overhead.

Somehow I managed to answer wrongly  :o That should read "Mainly F2, be it for fun or for profit [...]". I guess my replay watching behaviour is so automatic I don't actually notice what I'm doing  ::)