News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Rules 2005

Started by zaqrack, October 13, 2004, 12:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

The usual flamewar-topic which comes up in autumn :)

I was quite satisfied with the 2004 point system altough I want to do some modifications. Please comment and discuss the options and possibilities here.

The current plans:
(bold means its fix)

the top 12 gets points
point system: 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
two worst results doesnt count in season
LTB +2/+1 as this year
TDB no longer given, maybe something more motivating to send a time instead
12 tracks in the season, each lasts one month
max 4 pipsqueaks/team
team scoring exactly the same as this year

[/list]

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Leading time score is too much related to basic score.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Krys TOFF

As last year, I still believe that there must be a bigger gap between top 5 drivers (or at least top 3, podium should be rewarded in my opinion) and the others.

Current points system (20-16-14-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1) suits me fine, even if I'm not often in top 5 (and almost never in top 3). :mrgreen:

Maybe we can do something with less points difference like 15-13-11-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1... :roll:

Mingva

I don't like point system. It's no need to win race because there's small gap between points. Top3 should get more points, I'd think.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

But check the scoreboard. For example ZCT 43. There's slight differences between top4 here. Why should we give points with big differences to them? Totally disagree.

Maybe a system like 20-19-18-17-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2 would be fair, because there are about 5 drivers per month who race seriously, and they deserve a high score. And that would damage the tactics of lazy top drivers.

This year and last year the points scale was stretched, I think it's time to use once the points scale with only small gaps between top places.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "zaqrack"The usual flamewar-topic which comes up in autumn :)

I was quite satisfied with the 2004 point system altough I want to do some modifications. Please comment and discuss the options and possibilities here.

The current plans:
(bold means its fix)

the top 12 gets points
point system: 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
two worst results doesnt count in season
LTB +2/+1 as this year
TDB no longer given, maybe something more motivating to send a time instead
12 tracks in the season, each lasts one month
max 4 pipsqueaks/team
team scoring exactly the same as this year

[/list]

Sounds just perfect to me. It would be so great if we could have a simple and correct scoring system like in the old Kalpen days!
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

winners should get more points, thats sure, but this year the difference combined with the LTB was simply too much. A linear point system with the LTB should work fine.

satanziege

I think TDB was generally a good idea, but perhaps it should be calculated from diiference 1st - 10th, so that drivers BELOW 12 get an extra point too ;)
FNORD!

JTK

Sounds good, the new rules. You're o.k. by me.  :)

And thanks, Bonzai Joe  :D