News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Need For Speed

Started by Mingva, November 02, 2004, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

Yesterday downloaded demo version of the newest NFS Underground 2 game. It's amazing,  I spent all day by racing  8) Also I purchased 3 games (NFS Hot Pursuit 2 included) from ebay.com :)

zaqrack

NFS series rule! :)

Too bad they dont develop under linux :(

I'm playing freeciv lately, its great to match against the world. altough I suck as always in strategy games :)

oh, and transport tycoon fans, Locomotion is out!

http://www.atari.com/us/games/locomotion/pc

Zak

Krys TOFF

I have the 1st NFS underground, and it don't play it for months.
1st it was funny, but after a while everyone can see that it's always the same thing, and the game starts to get boring.
Maybe the sequel is better, but I fear not.

Ezekiel Kemboi

I think Porsche (5th part) was the best, and Hot Pursuit 1 and 2 (3rd and 6th part) weren't too far. :)

Underground is even shitter than High Stakes (part 4)... :(
-Ezekiel Kemboi, alias Akoss Poo
Kalpen Champion 2003

visit http://alvilag.hu/akoss !

Mingva

Well, I downloaded NFS Underground, and I will compare it with 2nd version. I think better would be to buy new game for $40 than old version for $15+shipping.

CTG

NFS Porsche is the best! :)

(or the best game which runs on this crappy computer...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"Well, I downloaded NFS Underground, and I will compare it with 2nd version. I think better would be to buy new game for $40 than old version for $15+shipping.
Who told you I bought NFSU ?
It cost me the price of 2 CDs, that is less than 2 euros. :lol: More than enough for a boring game. :wink:
:idea: If you want a game worth buying, choose TrackMania. Everyone can race online, even with 56kb modem, and game is very addictive. :idea:

Mingva

What about price, I'm buying original games with box and manual in general. Alright Krys, I'll try to download TrackMania demo. Maybe you could teach to drive me on-line then?  :D

btw, Underground 2 demo is much better than it's predecessor :!: I still racing every evening for 1-2 hours. And in 1st version I liked only drag racing :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"Alright Krys, I'll try to download TrackMania demo. Maybe you could teach to drive me on-line then?  :D
Good news. :D Once you get it, tell me. We could meet on forum, then join one server and race together, like we did months ago at Live for Speed. :wink:

English TraclMania demo dl links available here : http://www.trackmaniagame.com/?txtStyle=tmpu&txtShow=page&ref=tmpu_downloads
This is the version with Power-Up extension included.

A new one called Speed-Up is beeing prepared, with new functionnalities. This one will also allow a full compatibility with the forthcoming TrackMania Sunrise (coming april 2005) to make a huge online fun racing/trackmaking game. I can't wait for it.

Mingva

I tried TrackMania but it wasn't the game I liked to play. It's just a microscopic shadow of NFS Underground 2 :)

alanrotoi

Why you buy original games? Piracy is the same but cheaper. And nobody will knock your door telling you have a copy in your system.

Mingva

rotoi> Are you buying books? If yes then why? Isn't enough just to go to the library and to take it? :)

I like to collect original games. Because most of new games now are packed in nice dvd case, I can put it in bookshelf as well :D

alanrotoi

I know what is your point but games are too expensive and not for the price at all. It is too expensive doing this calcule: original price + fun = too expensive. Then I think: $1.5 pirate copy + fun = game bought :)

alanrotoi

And it is not the same of steal a book. It would be the same if I buy a photocopy of a book.

I buy books (I'm reading Tales of Terramar by Ursula Le Guin right now) and I like original books. A book is cheaper than a game and most of times are more interesting.

Krys TOFF

Price of the game should be linked to his replay capability.
Stunts or TrackMania have, for me, a high replay value, as Civilization-like games or some sports game (high replay value in multiplayer mode only, like football or tennis games)
They are worth their price (TrackMania is only 30 euros, when most games are over 45 euros here in France). I have original games of TrackMania, Civilization 2, Call to Power 1 & 2, ...
Many games, once finished, loose all their interest. They have a low replay value, they are not worth the buy (many RTS, many adventure games, many FPS, ...).
That's my opinion.