News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts 2005 (aka 6.0)

Started by zaqrack, November 12, 2004, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

OK here I'll always list the new functions implemented.

you can always access the site at
http://stunts.mine.nu/zakstunts/2005 while under development, whenseason 2005 starts it'll be the default page of course.
Beware, this is a development snapshot, I also test on this one, if its working and then not working in the next minute that means I'm coding right at the moment :)

so until now:

-Lots of background, php engine improvements, I'll spare explaining them.
-site-wide login, you only have to do it once after you arrive. (known: bug after login you have to press a menuitem to be fully logged in)
-You can register for the 2005 season
-You can post news
-You can change your desired resolution (effect: newsbar visible or not on the right side) settings are saved of course and used the next time too when you log in.

next jobs:
- latest replays announcement (either in newsbar or welcome page if in 800x600)
- profile editing
- image upload/replay sending

I'll write here if anything is finihsed and you can use it.
Please do some testing for me, and report bugs make my job easier.
Thanks
This first post will always change according to the latest changes.

Mingva

Isn't time left until deadline based on clock of user's PC? You should use server time and not user's  :P

Anonymous

Anonymous

just to give a name to me: The God... :P

zaqrack

Quote from: "Anonymous"I'm not Akoss Poo

no, you are CTG.

DieselJoe

Quote from: "zaqrack"
Quote from: "Anonymous"I'm not Akoss Poo

no, you are CTG.
:mrgreen: Bad try, Cax! :mrgreen:
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

zaqrack

Done, tested, working:

after login two new menu items:

view profile  (work: 70 codelines)
edit profile (work:160 codelines)

where you can edit or modify! your existing profile.
profiles can be also accessed from the pipsqueaks list.

still missing function here: picture upload/change,

zaqrack

News archive now up and working

66 codelines...

zaqrack

monthly scoreboard is working now, with the same functions as last year, plus in advance:

-new pointsystem as proposed in 2005rules topic (can still change)
-time difference from previous replay sent by pipsqueak (if any)
-time difference from leader

245 codelines.

Krys TOFF

Good to hear you're working hard, ZakStunts site is improving every year, good job.

BonzaiJoe

It sounds great! I'm already looking forward to 2005
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

done in the past hour:

- 6 latest times sent now appear live on the newsbar or the "latest news" when using 800x600 (72 codelines)
- newsbar/latest news now uses a different algorhtyhm to step between newsposts, so you can theoretically browse the whole archive by pressing 6 news / 6 previous. However for this there is the news archive up and working :)
-bugfix: from scoreboard now you really can access the profiles
-bugfix: from menu now you can go directly to current/previous track's scoreboard

I'm doing a great progress, season/team championship doesnt need big changes, but since I'm migrating to a more secure php setting (register globals=off, wont explain now :) I have to reformat slightly all the existing 2004, 2003, 2002 pages. Not such a big job, only 4-10 lines in each, still work.

zaqrack

news:

-added "2005,info,control" menu header pics
-added and reviewed all the pages which are in the section" info"
-added permanent competition with
-changed scoreboard background colouring to a "fade to black" scheme. You can check out how it'll look like at permanent comp - default track. seasons results will have the same scheme, maybe with a bit bigger fade interval

zaqrack

not strictly related to the 2005 site, but I have reorganized the forum categories :)

zaqrack

little change: I changed the fade to black color fade order at scoreboards at season&team pages, becasue it looks better like this on the green background. This way its rather "fade to green" :)