News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts 2005 (aka 6.0)

Started by zaqrack, November 12, 2004, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

whoa!

all the menuitems for 2005, info and control are working now!
tomorrow I'll be at home, and I'll modify the 2004,2003,2002 pages to work with ZakStunts 6.0, and then I'll get back to code new functions (pictures, team handling for team manager, automatic podium, etc), but probably from tomorrow the site will be ready to be released :)

Krys TOFF

"whoa" is the keyword of all this work. Keep up the good work.

zaqrack

today I converted the 2001,2002,2003 pages to be compatible with the 2005 siite, reviewed the code, uniformized the table looks, so now the whole site looks the same. The whole thing took 4 hours.
There is only on buggy page I know of: 2003 season's results. It's quite mysterious, I'll review it again tomorrow.
the site still has only one color scheme, but with the uniformized tables and looks it's easy to set up color schemes - I'll do it later.

Next job: doing the same conversion with the 2004 pages.

BonzaiJoe

Next job: Sending ZCTs 39,40,41,42,43,44 replays to Bonzai Joe :D

But you really seem to have been doing a lot of work, and it sounds like the 2005 site will be great. Good job!
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

OK, all the pages are converted now!

You can browse on the 2005 site everything, what you can find on the 2004 site, the only difference is that you can register/send replays and data for the 2005 season too.

So please if you want to browse the site, not sending rpl/news, use this address:

http://stunts.mine.nu/zakstunts/2005 and report me the errors, I'll try to correct them, and so we can face the best zakstunts with the start of the next season.

thanks!

Zak

(I'll keep on working of course, new functions will come :))
next: probably checking if I can make a dynamic podium

alanrotoi

I like it very much! Congratulations Zak!!

Mingva

As I wrote before, change time left to deadline from user's clock to server's. Because now I can easily define hours left till deadline and race one track almost forever :D

zaqrack

Today I had a nice 2 hour long battle with The Gimp, and finally I won, and the dynamic podium was born. Check it out on the 2005 site. All the names and rankings are a product of my imagination and have nothing to do with current pipsqueaks :)
Yes, I know the layout kinda sucks, but it's working, and it only needs 1 min to update it every month. Later when we have standardized pictures about everyone, we can place them below the podium. I'll publish soon a know-how abotu the size of the different pics, team logos, etc.

Usrin: still if you volunteer to make the 2004 podiums, I'll be happy (I'll link the music, only draw the pics.)

alanrotoi

Do we need to register again in January?

zaqrack

yes, but you can do it now on the 2005site as well

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

and please register as "Alan Rotoi"
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Mingva

Zak, I sent an e-mail to you with podium pic :)

alanrotoi

Could somebody explain me what is the number between parenthesis next to the times in the scoreboard? At 1st sight I guessed it was penalty time but since my time has it I know it isn't. :roll:

alanrotoi

Ah wait, my brain is working again... It's how much was improved since the previous replay, isn't it?

DieselJoe

"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool