News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

What about finished competitions ?

Started by Krys TOFF, November 16, 2004, 09:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Stunts LOL is close to its end, will it stay in the Stunts Portal after it stopped or not ?
I think stopped competitions should not be forgotten as long as their website is still online.
They are Stunts memory.
ISA/IRC should be also there, even if it's stopped, as its website is still present on the web.

Maybe we should do 2 categories : Active competitions and inactive competitions.
Also, not yearly competitions could be changed from one category to the other depending of their activity.

Or the flag system I suggested many months ago could be used... :roll:

zaqrack

since the games are not available for download the portals visitor number has dropped below zakstunts's, I'm thinking on some reorganization, I just dont kno what exactly...

Krys TOFF

:idea: Put a big "Abandonware Games free for Download" button like Forum and Chat buttons. :idea:

alanrotoi

Krys TOFF

I agree with "Alan Rotoi-Pato-El Portador de luz-Porter-Stunts Oracle" who always agrees with me. :lol:

alanrotoi

Do I? I didn't noticed that. Seems we have a similar way of seeing the world :)

zaqrack

sure I would but the server which hosted the games for me is down, and it'd be simply too big traffic to be handled by my home connection.
anyway games section is realllly outdated (made in 2002 :))

since aplaces.org abandonware listing page also finished existing, visitors coming because they are searching for games has also dropped near 0.
I'm thinking on removing the game section anyway, and I doubt its worthwile to run the portal in its current state with such a low visitor number

either I'd rather redirect stunts.mine.nu to zakstunts again with a decent links page OR
rather I'd do this:

create a REAL stunts portal now with the help of all the competition managers.
links to all the competitions, and the thing we miss so much since years:

a good faq about how to start stunts on different systems (I still get mails which ask this weekly)  and how to play it, how to be a good pipsqueak, etc.

Now all the competition sites host such sections, but there is no summary.

Shoegazing Leo

I'm planning a complete prize system to mark the end of Stunts LOL and I'll manatin the website with stats and archives... It's very important a history to comunnitiy...

Then: Zak, please open two subforum on ST LOL forum area: ST LOL Awards 2004 and ST LOL Eternal Awards

I'll give simbolic prizes to the best pipsqueaks of all ST LOL Coompetitions in several categories...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "zaqrack"since aplaces.org abandonware listing page also finished existing, visitors coming because they are searching for games has also dropped near 0.
I didn't know that abandonned places site was down.
I think you should keep games download (maybe reduce number of games to those really worth it) and enlist your site at freeoldies abandonware list, which is quite huge. Big sites like HOTU (Home Of The Underdogs) are enlisted here.

Quote from: "zaqrack"create a REAL stunts portal now with the help of all the competition managers.
links to all the competitions, and the thing we miss so much since years:

a good faq about how to start stunts on different systems (I still get mails which ask this weekly) and how to play it, how to be a good pipsqueak, etc.
I am 200% agree with you. :D
Complete the old FAQ made by Robert Riebisch with new operating systems problems (XP, different versions of Linux, ...), and also add in it the Stunts lessons made by BJ for ZakStunts a long time ago. :wink:

Quote from: "Leo Ramone"I'm planning a complete prize system to mark the end of Stunts LOL and I'll maintain the website with stats and archives... It's very important a history to comunitiy...
Again, I agree at 200%.

alanrotoi

Who is that Robert? Is any of us who we don't know the real name? Argammon, Dark Chaser (It's not the name), Diesel Joe ?

DieselJoe

Quote from: "alanrotoi"Diesel Joe ?
No
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

BonzaiJoe

Mingva and Roy Wiegerinck made the lessons, not me. Perhaps the idea was mine?

About the games section: I don't think you should abandon it. It attracted many visitors to the site, and thereby also many pipsqueaks. I think it was the key to the big success of the 2002 season compared to 2001. Didn't pipsqueaks like Mingva and Alain appear because they were searching for games?
But we can't be quite sure.

Mingva

QuoteDidn't pipsqueaks like Mingva and Alain appear because they were searching for games?
Yes, sir :)

Krys TOFF

I also discovered ZakStunts during summer 2002 when searching for a racing game : Death Rally. :wink:

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "alanrotoi"Who is that Robert? Is any of us who we don't know the real name? Argammon, Dark Chaser (It's not the name), Diesel Joe ?
Do you know the Stunts FAQ Alain put on Stunts 'R Us ? It was Robert Riebisch's FAQ. He did it some years ago now, before ZakStunts beginning.
You can see it on Lukas Loehrer's site too.