News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT47 - Icecream Telephone

Started by zaqrack, January 02, 2005, 12:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

XP was not my decision... Zak had no Win98 CD when he re-installed system here (my Win98 CD went wrong...). But now I'm very satisfied with it!

Akoss: huge amount of silly posts in the last few hours means you are cheerful. Do you think you will make love at the weekend? :D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "DieselJoe"Hm, if I drive on this PC with Windows XP, every key press is recognized with delay only. Real driving is nearly impossible. :?
In addition to that, the PC Speaker of this new computer is too quiet to hear everything clearly. So I use VDMSound to have REAL sound. But then the delay is even bigger... :roll:
Do you use DOSBOX ? :roll:

DieselJoe

Quote from: "I"I use VDMSound
:D

I also tried DosBox once, but I guess it was even slower :?
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

satanziege

You can speed it up with Ctrl F11 oder F12 if i remember correctly... my main problem is the keyboard, i think i'll give it another try on the weekend...
FNORD!

al il professore

i really dont understand... my win xp DOESNT SLOW STUNTS OR THE KEYPRESSES... you have to change some options inside the game (display options

change graphic levels "slow video mgmt" and "fast simulation speed" to ON

dumbasses
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

zaqrack

Alain, thats not true. I dont think it'd ever run fine under XP on my slower machine. Computing power is very important at emulations. I dunno what the dos emulation in XP needs, but i do know about dosbox:

ctrl+f12 is CPU emulation speed. Increase it until your real CPU load is around 96% (well i dunno how to check it in win, in linux its easy ;))
ctrl+f8 is frameskipping. increase it when you have achieved 96% CPU load, and the game still runs slow.
According to my research you need about an 1200-1700mhz processor to play stunts effectively from dosbox. I have only 876, so I'll stick to rebooting to dos ;)

DieselJoe

Well, I think the game runs at normal speed, it's just the keypresses...

But it doesn't matter, when I play I copy the track and replay files (they aren't THAT big :mrgreen:) to an older computer. A P133 with Win98. Everything runs fine there and the PC Speaker is REALLY loud! Great sound! :D
Tool

al il professore

i am playing under win XP without any emulator ALL the time.

i even played my 1.10 under xp OS

i have a pentium III 800 mhz and stunts in c:\stunts i launch stunts_k.exe and it works good. i just play.

i didnt understand your problem does it relate to a computer slower than a pentium III?

or to stunts under dosbox. because under dosbox, it is unplayable. i use an emulator to capture the stunts movies. i eventually tried to use dosbox in that purpose and it was slower than another program called "something workstation" and i would have made more movies of replays if i had a good emulator to open stunts in a window inside windows XP. (because i use a capture screen program to capture the window where stunts is playing)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

DieselJoe

As I already said, it doesn't matter. But if you really want to know... :roll:

I have a PentiumIV with 2GHz. I think when I play without emulation, the keypress delay isn't that big. But as I already said, this computer has a too quiet PC Speaker. And for me sound is important for driving. So I already tried 2 emulators: DosBox and VDMSound. As only this computer is connected with the Internet, I still use an emulated Stunts here to watch the replays from my teammates, but I drive on another one. No problems. :wink:
Tool

al il professore

my 1.09 also was:

played under xp
without checkpoints
without any serious curve replaying

but we are entering the last week, and i will start playing with checkpoints, on my old PC and with serious curve replay handling (trying to win each time the missing 0.05 second) now, because i found the perfect combination of trix on this track.

this is what a champion is made of.

you should come back, gutix.

alanrotoi

There are several wrong predictions.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "DieselJoe"As I already said, it doesn't matter. But if you really want to know... :roll:

I have a PentiumIV with 2GHz. I think when I play without emulation, the keypress delay isn't that big. But as I already said, this computer has a too quiet PC Speaker. And for me sound is important for driving. So I already tried 2 emulators: DosBox and VDMSound. As only this computer is connected with the Internet, I still use an emulated Stunts here to watch the replays from my teammates, but I drive on another one. No problems. :wink:
Whatever the computer or the OS, the best wau to run Stunts remains a good old pure DOS bootable disk to start the computer. :wink:

CTG

P-III, 700 MHz, 384 RAM - and Stunts is almost perfect under XP. Little delay is not a problem, PC speaker works fine - what more can I wish? :)

Krys TOFF

I am impressed by the winning replay =D> , and congrats to Dark Chaser and Diesel Joe for their performance this month, following CTG's steps with talent. :D

DieselJoe

Thanks Krys,

and also congratulations to the winner from me. And to all podiumers, especially Alan: YOU - ARE - SICK! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tool