News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT47 - Icecream Telephone

Started by zaqrack, January 02, 2005, 12:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

It's interesting that it seems to have paid off to drive the loop 3 times,but Alain's beginning might be fast enough to do the same powergear trick alanrotoi did but much faster???

I also like Alain's 'trick' he did at the first high road to drive the curve faster,I did about the same on the lm002 one year ago,now I could wonder why I didn't try it again,ah well....

Anyways congratulations to both of ya (alan,alain) for the nice battle...
and alan for winning the track..... and myself for winning the points battle ;P

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "DieselJoe"Alan: YOU - ARE - SICK! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now you know why I call him Magic Rotoi. :wink:
Get ZCT 16 replay (packed with ZCT 17 track) on 2002 part of the site, and you'll see the "magic carpet master" Rotoi in action too. :idea:

DieselJoe

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Get ZCT 16 replay (packed with ZCT 17 track) on 2002 part of the site, and you'll see the "magic carpet master" Rotoi in action too. :idea:
Yes, I know it, I downloaded it once from Akoss? Site. :shock:
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

alanrotoi

Wheeeeeeee!! ^_^  Thanks for the congratulations!

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 14, 2005, 10:43:41 AM
Quote from: CTGAkoss: you forgot my name at IMSA and Audi... :)

Because you are not as good as the mentioned drivers with those cars. Easy.

Good old times: Akoss with big mouth and extremely high Stunts ego - just before Z48 and 49... ;D

BonzaiJoe

Has anyone ever found out why the track was called "Icecream Telephone"? I think it's the weirdest track name ever. Except maybe "Oligoway" one year later.
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 13, 2008, 05:57:11 PM
Has anyone ever found out why the track was called "Icecream Telephone"? I think it's the weirdest track name ever. Except maybe "Oligoway" one year later.
But oligoway has a clearer meaning. No clue about Icecream telephone, I think only Zak knows.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

What is the meaning of Oligoway?

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 13, 2008, 10:17:44 PM
What is the meaning of Oligoway?
I thought you hadn't realized what it meant, but you really don't know  :o.  I'm surprised as I consider you have one of the largest vocabulay amongst us...

The Greek prefix "Oligo" means Few (Like Oligarchy, government of a few - Oligopoly means only a few control the market), so Oligoway should mean something like "few ways", and remeberring the track, name is really accurate.

BonzaiJoe

May I intervene with the observation that the track contained in our discourse had no less than three juxtaposed branches, which transpires to exceed the ostensible average number in Zakstunts regie, hence rendering the denomination semantically misleading  ;)

Thanks for the explanation! I still think it's a really weird name. I was familiar with the word "oligarchy" and its meaning, but I couldn't make that fit with "oligoway" and I still think it makes very little sense.

CTG

Then think about oligosaccharides... ;D (somewhere between mono-/di- and poly-)

Quote from: WikipediaAn oligosaccharide is a saccharide polymer containing a small number (typically three to ten) of component sugars, also known as simple sugars. The name derived from the Greek oligos, meaning "a few".

Chulk

Well, enough about Oligoways.. What about Icecream Telephone Zak?

zaqrack

well it is quite obvious, and maybe a bit disappointing as well...

The track had lots of ice -> icecream
And while I was brainstorming about the track name I received a phone call -> telephone

so the name was born.  ;D

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on November 15, 2008, 07:17:04 AM
well it is quite obvious, and maybe a bit disappointing as well...

The track had lots of ice -> icecream
And while I was brainstorming about the track name I received a phone call -> telephone

so the name was born.  ;D
You were right, it really is disappointing...

BonzaiJoe

I don't think it's totally disappointing... Not anyone would think about naming things after the events happening during their creation. It's like if a baby was named "Storm" because it was born on a stormy night. Or "Café Latte Storm" if it was a half white/half black baby born during a storm  :D