News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 47 - The New Era

Started by Mingva, January 04, 2005, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Alain: your driving style sounds completely impossible :D If I try to drive like that, it would be harder than driving with my left hand I think :D No wonder you have difficulties with live racing when that's your driving style. I think my style is unique. At least it was so unique that JTK took a picture of my fingers at the keyboard. I can send it to you if you like. I use space and enter for gear shifting, and use my right hand for going forward and right. I use my left hand for shifting gears and going left, and the brake alternates between my right and left hands, depending on which side I am going to while braking. That way I have full control... I suppose Argammon drives in the same way, otherwise he could never be so good at live racing. But Akoss Poo drives with one hand only, and he is a nice live pipsqueak too, he did beat me at 3 of the approximately 10 live races in Budapest.

You guys must come to Hameln this summer!
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

Bonzai Joe:

No you are not right: I am driving nearly exactly like Alain!
1)I am usually controlling the arrow keys with one hand only. But I do use the 2 finger method in rare occations.
2)I am usually even shifting with space and enter as I am used to it.But I think the other 2 keys might be better.I think I did shift with them 1 year ago on few tracks.
3)I think Alain's way to drive is kinda reasonable ;) I find your way to be driving more weird!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Argammon, talking about BJ's driving style"I think Alain's way to drive is kinda reasonable ;) I find your way to be driving more weird!
So do I. :lol:
Why use 2 hands to steer when 1 is sufficient ? :P

CTG

If I drive with manual, I follow Bonzai Joe's style (he told me two years ago, that shifting is also working with space/enter, because I wasn't able to use A/Z :)).

CTG

zaqrack

that's my sweet little keyboard ;)

Argammon

That looks like one hand driving indeed.But no wonder someone has no skill with such fatty fingers *g*

Btw ty for the asshole on the news section Ctg,I appreciate it...

CTG

Arg: Your only problem is you think too much about yourself...

CTG

I use my left hand to shift and turn to the left - like Bonzai Joe. But if I use auto gears, steering is easier with both hands.

Argammon

How do I think to much of myself :) ?

I think I am very realistic... I am proly the best when it comes to driving the 'slow' cars in stunts.But when it comes to Indy or especially IMSA there are some (indy) and many (IMSA) who I have no problem with to confess are better!And if it's a slow car with powergear it seems to be pretty much open (like this month)

My -luck-? is that there are a lot more of 'slow' countach/lm002/etc etc in stunts than indy/imsa like cars.
Imagine the oppositite:There would be just 2 'slow' cars and all the others would be like indy/IMSA.I would not have any problem to say that with most of the cars the others are 'simply' better and that I can only 'shine' with the very few selected cars which suit me.
Now that it is the opposite:Quite many cars suit me and I suck with a small selected rest,I don't see why I should not be allowed to state exactly that.

As I said it's partly luck that there are more of the slow breed than the fast one,but as it is like that,and if you look at most of my results with that breed.I can say I am good with them without some CTG jumping on the 'superiority complex' bandwagon?

I tried to make this clear without any more flaming material.Let's stay away from it and if you want,you can fight me on the track.And if you beat me I will congratulate you regardless if it took you  5 or 500 hours to so.

PS:I could also answer the 'hide' stuff you put up in the news section.But this is probably not the place.If you have any other 'issues' with me you can easily PM me instead of bringing everything to the news section (ok you said you stopped)

Greetings
-Arg

alanrotoi

I race with keypad + AZ keys for shifting. I need space to be more comfortable the driving. I tryied once BJ's way and it's very hard for me.

When I started the competitions I raced with F3 view without dashboard (3 steps to the right + 1 to the back) it was very easy to race like that for me. But when the competitions got harder and harder I found the easiest way was F1 w/dashboard.

al il professore

bj: "I think my style is unique. At least it was so unique that JTK took a picture of my fingers at the keyboard. I can send it to you if you like."

send it to me :)

"and the brake alternates between my right and left hands, depending on which side I am going to while braking. That way I have full control... "

you have full control on the braking... ok but braking is not winning. compare my replays keystrokes to yours or anyone else and youll see you brake too much (or more that me) everytime.

but you have full control: your fingers can push any key at anytime, mine lose time to alternate between forward and back

plus some tricks are more bonzai joe friendly than alain friendly
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

To Argammon:

Well, mostly your big results match your big mouth, I just think the reason why you don't get all the worship you believe you deserve, is that you don't race very often. If it's really so important to find out who is generally the "best pipsqueak", we need a completely new approach. Occasions like the Stunts meeting (only with more participants) can make it clear who is the best live pipsqueak, but to find out who is the best RH pipsqueak, we have to make a day, or days long RH-"live"-competition.

So far we have this competition, in which talent and work are about equally represented, and is that really so unfair? If a chess player is super-talented, he still has to practice every day and use all the time on his clock to consider his moves...

Argammon

Hmm I don't really need any worship,and it's not that important who is the best pipsqueak.I guess everyone has his own thoughts of that.
I am just posting my opinion here,which should not be called 'big mouth' I know what I am good at,and what I am not good at.For example,as I have said before,I would never claim to be the best indy pipsqueak.....

And if I feel underestimated I will overdo my talks in the opposite direction....Now you could say I could as well stay quiet and try to get some advantage from being underestimated but whatfor? I can win some tracks and noone cares really ;)
If everyone worshiped me for good results,or whatever,I would be exactly the opposite,kinda a lot like CTG,and that is how I am in RL most of the time.... The only way I will generally stay silent on that matter is if there is if I think people's few is generally ok... which can deviate in this or that direction....

For example I have found Alanrotoi's posts on that matter lately to be quite realistic and precise... couldn't agree with him more.

BonzaiJoe

You just seem to talk a lot about how great you are, that's all... You must accept being called "big mouth" then. I'm not saying you are not great - then I would have said "too big mouth". A small mouth doesn't fit a great driver either, but there's always a balance  :smt058