News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Point system 2005, again

Started by Mingva, January 12, 2005, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which point system would be better for 2005?

Current 12-11-10-9-...
3 (37.5%)
Previous 20-16-14-10-...
5 (62.5%)
Something new (like Nascar, F1 or else)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 12, 2005, 06:12:25 PM

Mingva

I don't like the current point system. It's no difference to be a winner of the track or 3rd. You think, I'm wrong? No!!! Just imagine: Skid won (12 pts) and Bernie finished 2nd (11 pts). But Bernie was very active that month, and so received +2 bonus point for leading time. And who's the winner then? Bernie, because in overal he has 13 pts!!!

I think, it's kinda nonsense  :? Either should be bigger difference in points between podium places or reduced bonus points. There was discussion abt point system last year: http://stunts.mine.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1010. Although 6 voted for classic system (nostalgia?) but 5 chose an "elitist" system or like it.

I liked Zak's opinion about my suggested system. Don't know why he decided to change it  :(

al il professore

i prefer the idea of a second being able to win also. i dont know why :).
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

alanrotoi

I like this point system but the LTB is not so good with it.
Mingva is right, something should change: or LTB or point system.

CTG

To make it a bit better (I like LTB and the new system too, but not together), let's decrease LTB to +1 point, and only for one pipsqueak. It would be a bit more realistic.

alanrotoi

it would be the same. The 1st and 2nd places may have the same points.

CTG

But eliminating LTB is equal to call back the "good" old time hider era. I think LTB will give more motivation, because without that you can be easily beaten by the second driver... :)

alanrotoi

Yes yes we are agree, that's why the LTB is not the topic. The point system IS.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Competition level will be stallin high this year. There are Argammon, Alain, Bonzai Joe, Alan Rotoi, Gutix, CTG and me this year. It can happen that a winner of a track only finishes seventh on the next track. There will be very slight differences between top 7 in time, so I don't see the point why we should use a system with bigger differences in scoring. Who earns the leading time bonus and gets more points than the winner doesn't become winner just because he earned more points on the track. And Mingva I still can't see your name on the scoreboard, so I think you shouldn't argue about the problems of the regular pipsqueaks.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Argammon

Disadvantage of the system:
As Mingva pointed out,it seems to be incosistent if someone can have the biggest amount of points without even haven won.
And I think the first place loses some of it's shinyness,specialitym that makes it stand out of the crowd :)

Advantage of the system:
It really makes NO sense to hide times now,thus the month should remain interesting most of the time,unless one pipsqueak is able to dominate the others.

So....... I am not sure what to vote and will abstain... at least for now ;)

BonzaiJoe

I like this system as it is now, as I don't see why it should be better to be 1st and 4th than to be 2nd and 3rd...
We decided long ago that leading time should be awarded with points, and I think it has really lit up the competition. I think the best solution would actually be to raise the amount of points. Maybe simply to 20-19-18 or to 20-18-16 (only difference is the amount of people who get points). The other option would be to change LTB to +1 and +0.5, but then again, that may to be too little... anyway, the rules are not that bad now.
But we can't be quite sure.