News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Need For Speed Porsche

Started by CTG, January 23, 2005, 07:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

I've found some really lovely cheat cars on the internet, like (Polski) Fiat 126, Lamborghini Murcielago, Bugatti Veyron and Ford Mustang GT 2005. Try them!

http://nfscars.net

CTG

I can't leave this out, sorry...  :D

Duplode

LOL @ the satisfied customer expression...  ;D

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on April 28, 2008, 03:22:49 PM
LOL @ the satisfied customer expression...  ;D

Top speed is around 110 kmh... ;D

CTG

NFS:PU reloaded: new Normandie record (2:14.28)!

CTG

Btw hints for those who want to play this game in the future (maybe only Akoss Poo):

"Proper" settings of GT1 (the one I use at the moment):

Ride height: ~15%
Stiffness, brakes and other scales: 50%
Downforce: front 60, rear 20
Tyre pressure: front 45, rear 40 (obviously slicks)

Gear ratio:
1st: -0.10
2nd: -0.15
3rd: -0.15
4th: -0.10
5th: -0.05
6th: -0.25
reverse: 0.00
final: -0.50

993 Turbo seems to be a good alternative (not on damned fast speedways, like Autobahn or Zone Industrielle). Close ratio gearbox is essential on slower tracks e.g. Corsica and Schwarzwald. Optimal settings are similar to GT1 (except gear ratios, you can't modify them here).

Give a try to these parameters and you will beat your old records easily.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

It has been a long time ago when I played NFS Porsche, but maybe I'll have a try. Obviously I'm going to try Auvergne and Schwanzwald first.  ;D
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 10, 2012, 09:45:14 AM
It has been a long time ago when I played NFS Porsche, but maybe I'll have a try. Obviously I'm going to try Auvergne and Schwanzwald first.  ;D

I hate both of these tracks. ;D Don't forget to switch off damage, it helps a lot in Auvergne, Monte Carlo 2 and 4 (not so much on other tracks).

"Little" mistake from me, will be corrected as soon as I find the missing data: Monte Carlo 2, Corsica and Pyrennées records were completed on reverse tracks (some of the world records too, the game collects the bkw and mirrored track results on the same scoreboard).

I know that these are the tracks where I have the biggest chance. Auvergne is my favourite, and I'm sure that at the same conditions, I can drive the better lap on that track. Schwanzwald is around the mid on my list of favourites.

I would like to try it, but maybe not on the super slow CPU at home... but who knows...

BÖFF!!!

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 11, 2012, 03:54:21 PM
I would like to try it, but maybe not on the super slow CPU at home... but who knows...

NFS:PU runs without problem even on old computers with 700 MHz CPU and 256 MB RAM.

(Some of my records were made on the FEB computer...)

CTG

Couldn't find the old records of these 3 tracks - I had to re-drive them. Weak times. :-\

51.18 - Monte Carlo 2 (GT1)
2:04.68 - Pyrennées (GT1)
2:11.31 - Corsica (GT1)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 11, 2012, 04:31:17 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 11, 2012, 03:54:21 PM

NFS:PU runs without problem even on old computers with 700 MHz CPU and 256 MB RAM.

(Some of my records were made on the FEB computer...)

System requirements
Minimum:

200MHz MMX
32 MB RAM
Win 95/98
4MB PCI or AGP video card
150 MB hard drive space
4x CD-ROM drive

Recommended:

300 MHz Pentium Processor
64 MB RAM
8 MB 3D graphics card (3Dfx or Direct3D)
DirectX 9c
8x CD-ROM drive

Weak times from you - are these really the best car settings? Or you just want to mislead me.  ;D

NFS Porsche, one more system requirement: proper reinstallation intervals... on my current notebook, the CPU speed is around a 16 MHz one... it takes 15 minutes for the system to be loaded... but soon I will get a new notebook.

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 14, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
Weak times from you - are these really the best car settings? Or you just want to mislead me.  ;D

Only a few tries, usually I drive the other directions. As far as I remember, my old records were a bit better on these three tracks (2:03.xx on Pyrennées, 2:08.xx on Corsica, 50.5x on Monte Carlo 2).

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 14, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
Or you just want to mislead me.  ;D

Maybe you will find better settings. For me, it works perfectly.