News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

WTF with scoreboard???

Started by Mingva, January 28, 2005, 05:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

Zak, you changed rules without any warning or announcement  :!:  :!:  :!: If you changed pointsystem, you probably changed bonus points as well.

Quotemodification of the rules is not likely to happen during the season, and if it can occur only after a vote/opinion ask in the forum
Any comments about the current situation, MASTER :?:  :x

CTG

He gives fraction pts under 12th place. I think it's a correct solution to motivate weaker drivers. Does anybody have a problem with this? I think only you take care of these stupid things, like braking almost unknown rules to make the championship better. Sometimes you should keep silent or think over the new system. Just remember: if Fleming's assistant washed up the retorts every day we would never know about penicillin... :)

CTG

On the other hand, I don't think Alan, Bonzai Joe, Alain, Krys, Dark Chaser or anybody else has a problem with this change. You cry over everything here or make useless critics although you are not racing. It's a nonsense...  :?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I support the new point system, what's more, I thought about it a long ago. Quite fair, I think we would have introduced a rule like this in the past years, too.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

zaqrack

quoting Herr Otto:

pipsqueaks below the 12th place get point fractions, to make possible creating a ranklist between them. This function is only experimental at the moment.

experimental
explanation:first we see how it works and then decide whether it stays or not.

Bonus points have not changed.

CTG

So Mingva over-reacted something... AGAIN...

a, play
b, shut up

You can choose, Ming!

Mingva

I'll only quote one important phrase again:

Quotemodification of the rules is not likely to happen during the season, and if it can occur only after a vote/opinion ask in the forum

zaqrack

but i didnt change the rules yet!

Mingva

Quote from: "zaqrack"but i didnt change the rules yet!
You changed pointsystem. If it's for testing purposes you had to mention it on ZS site or here in forum. Sorry Zak, but it's really annoying to discover changes in rules although its not confirmed  :?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Argammon

Mingva,if you are talking over the 0,9 0,8 etc points I think it's no big deal is it?

Imagine zak decided the following change to make my point clear:

Winner gets 10,000000000000000001 points 2nd gets 10,000000000000000001 points and so on..

That is a small change but it does not really change anything,does it?

And I think it depends,how you voice your criticism....

Mingva

QuoteThat is a small change but it does not really change anything,does it?
Yes Argammon, it changes. Let's imagine:

Example_1:
pipsqueak Z1 Z2 Z3 Z4 AvR Pts
Abc 12 14 14 12  13 3.6
Def 13 13 15 11  13 4.5

Example_2:
pipsqueak Z1 Z2 Z3 Z4 AvR Pts
Ghi 16 18 16 10  15 4.6 !!!
Def 13 13 15 11  13 4.5

In first example, both pipsqueaks have average ranking 13. But because difference between 11th and 12th places are much bigger than between 12th and 13th, pipsqueak Def has 0.9pts advantage even with the same ranking as pipsqueak Abc. With previous system Abc and Def had 2pts both.

The most interesting second example. pipsqueak Ghi is a weak one. First three races he finished last. But on next race he was lucky to finish in 10th place (one place above Def). And what a miracle!!! Even with average rank worse by 2 places he overtook pipsqueak Def in overal rankings!!! It happened again because of unproportional points difference.

I hope you will make basic conclusions from my two simple examples  :roll:

zaqrack

both of your examples could have been apllied on the 2004 point system with the same results, since there was also a non-linear point distribution.

also I think a point system which is unfair in about 20% of the cases is still better than no point system at all, at the 12-11-10...-1 there is no way to make ANY order below the 12th place.

We should ask the pipsqueaks below the 12th place it's their opinion which is the most important now.

CTG

Ha-ha-ha... Mingva, you lost again.  :P

:smt075

Mingva

Zak, is it possible to add an AvR (average rank) collumn in Season's Standings?

...and one more provoking question to Zak: if you want to give points to all pipsqueaks with minimal difference between points, why don't you use NASCAR points as it was in season'2003  :?:  :P