News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Extra-team alliances

Started by alanrotoi, February 07, 2005, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Is it fair? There aren't rules about it, but there is a very important rule: To join teams. Team members may share their knowledge or replays. Since May 2002 I know to share replays or knowledge is only for team-members.

What's the meaning of an alliance if you already have a team? Is funny to take the tricks/ knowledge of the other pipsqueaks non-mates to reach the podium? And again, is it fair? You could reach a legal podium but it won't be a fair podium. So is it a racing victory? or a tactic out of the race victory? Why there is the constant will to push the rules and have profit and advantage from their holes?

There is a contradiction between teams and alliances.
I would like to know the opinion of the pipsqueaks about it.

Paleke

I think it is fair, in fact, I want an alliance with your team!!! 8)  :roll:
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

alanrotoi

Ok it was a joke but i'm talking seriously. Let's make an example.

Bernie makes an aliance with Cherry who is in another team. Cherry got some tricks from his team-mate Skid and she shared it with Bernie. So Bernie may take Joe's and Otto's possitions because he knows something they don't... but in an unfair way. Do you think Joe will be happy when somebody tells him that Bernie beated him with the help of Cherry that she is in another team? Joe would like his position back because it was an unfair race.

CTG

1, Yes, it was me again!
2, I offered an extra-alliance to Alan on Z48 without success.
3, I had an alliance with Akoss Poo after OppNear's death too - but he never showed me Usrin's tricks.

alanrotoi

It was an example, I didn't spoke/mean about Usrin. As you already told me, there were more alliances between Looping and Damage. If was good for Looping and Damage too then you worked as big team... breaking a rule. It is sad to know it and I think it won't be fixed. I just want to say I am not agree with it.

CTG

Okay let's make it clear - who get tricks from who?

Usrin - from Akoss
Akoss - from Usrin and me
CTG - from Damage members (no main tricks in the whole season... :?) and Akoss (but never showed replays containing Usrin's own tricks)
Damage members - from me

So who's trick was visible then for these people?

Usrin - all the tricks (if he watched Akoss Poo's replay)
Akoss - all the tricks
CTG & Damage - almost all the tricks, without Usrin

BUT! It happened only on a few races in 2004 and the rpl transfer worked only between Akoss and me.

Krys TOFF

Let me precise that I never got any replay from Akoss or Usrin.

It happened that I helped pipsqueaks that were not in my team sometimes last year, sending them my replay (only mine, not any other Damage Inc. member's replay) : for example I helped Gutix once at the 1st race of 2004 (he was a weak newbie at this moment :lol: and didn't know about the dual way tracks trick), but a few days after it Argy's replay was available to anybody, so it's as if I didn't sent him anything. :P

I also helped Dark Chaser for 4DSL comp only, sending him my replays. But again it's not bad as we were in different categories (he was in Ibero-America category and I was in world category). So, what's the problem ? :roll:

About CTG-Akoss connection, it didn't helped Akoss to have any victory last year :lol: , and CTG's victory was only due to his talent. :wink:

Anyway, we can also have a different option : leading time replay available for download. :idea:
This way, Stunts will have an even more strategic part. :twisted:
Everyone want leading time bonus, but without watching all his tricks. :smt048
Quite hard to manage for top drivers, and motivating for slow drivers or no-team drivers who only discover other's tricks AFTER deadline for now.

Just an idea... :roll:

Mingva

If members of the team agree to share their replays it's ok. But if one member is doing it in secret then it's unfair to other members of the both teams. To me it seems like team mates of two classes: elite and folks.

alanrotoi

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Everyone want leading time bonus, but without watching all his tricks. :smt048
Quite hard to manage for top drivers, and motivating for slow drivers or no-team drivers who only discover other's tricks AFTER deadline for now.

Just an idea... :roll:

No, you got it wrong. I didn't say it because the LTB (alain is 1st and not CTG). About receiving replays is not needed. You can receive the knowledge of a trick/shortcut though a teammate who got it from another pipsqueak and you won't know it.

The alliances are the teams, I don't know why is needed more alliances. This is a question that haven't a response.

al il professore

i thought about it and i really dont care people trying to win or make people win are interesting people. they make people stay in the community. there is no secret about stunts, a replay is just hard finger work. like masturbation.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "al il professore"a replay is just hard finger work. like masturbation.
I don't do masturbation, I have a wife instead. :smt118  :smt040

Quote from: "alanrotoi"You can receive the knowledge of a trick/shortcut though a teammate who got it from another pipsqueak and you won't know it.
Well, it may be true, indeed...

alanrotoi

Hmm ok, it seems it is a non-written rule... so I will use it.  :twisted:

Mingva

With whom you'll form an alliance? It seems, Gutix is not helping to you :)