News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Why do we hate Kimi Raikonnen?

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 12:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Without his tyre issue in last laps of Chinese race, Kimi would have not only finish all races of the season, but also finish them all in points.
This is not only luck, this is also talent. Talent is the thing Grosjean is missing for example. :P

By the way, Vettel is the luckiest this season, no doubt. Even with a collision with Senna he managed to finish the race without mechanical issue.

On the other hand, Lewis was by far the unluckiest of the 2012 season.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on November 26, 2012, 01:12:51 PM
When RAI went to this team, nobody expected Lotus to be so strong in 2012. Meanwhile - although I don't want to talk against the legend - MSC got the same chance: Brawn GP was far the best car in 2009 and nobody expected such a collapse for 2010.).

That's exactly what I call luck and bad luck. But Räikkönen, being not a young driver, always stood on the lucky side thoughout his whole career, which becomes more and more annoying now.

Vettel had many problems with his car (especially with the generator) unlike Mr. Super Lucky (Räikkönen) - thus, it sounds ridiculous to say Vettel was luckier than Räikkönen - though I must agree that Hamilton was the unluckiest throughout the season.

After the ban of Grosjean, his performance became worse, but before that point, I saw a better performance from him than Räikkönen, but his bad luck hindered him. During qualifying, Grosjean was impressive throughout the season, I consider him a talented driver.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Chulk

How can someone simply "be lucky" his entire career? This hating the other guys because you "happen" to like the one that won more titles is just stupid. Specially saying "X" won the title because he was in the best car when Schumacher himself won 5 titles with far the best car too, not to mention the very suspicious Beneton era.
It's a car race guys. Of course talent without a car wins nothing, but a great car without talent loses too. Look at Coulthard, he spent lots of years in top teams (Williams 94-95, McLaren 96-2004) and still he always sucked. That shows a car cannot win a title by itself.
And then you have Kimi's title in 2007, when the best car was McLaren by far, but team failed there, and Ferrari+Kimi ended up winning. You need the car, the driver talent, and the team to win a championship. If you miss one of this, you're done.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on November 27, 2012, 08:22:48 AM
Specially saying "X" won the title because he was in the best car when Schumacher himself won 5 titles with far the best car too, not to mention the very suspicious Beneton era.

:applause:

On Raikonnen, my opinion about him became quite a bit more favourable after 2012. Unlikely as it may be, it would be fun to see him and Lotus having a proper go at the WDC.

CTG

alanrotoi