News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Excel stole stunts

Started by jordo12, April 29, 2005, 02:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordo12

well, kinda. Microsoft Office Excell 2003 claims the files CGA, MCGA, and TDY as it's own. Strangely, each one has a .COD file of the same name right beside it. The game works, but the crack dosen't. I am using Windows XP and the Broderbund 1.1 version of stunts. Is there a way to fix this and keep Excel?

al il professore

push the panic button. ](*,) :oops:

buy an old computer. even slower than a 486... those use less watts because of the lesser capacity of the CPU and are fun to use with old games.

perhaps excel is nothing to your problem, you seem really to be a newbie with computer files and try to find an explanation with the skin of your teeth.

I think you should ask zak.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

jordo12

I'm not exactly sure where to get an old computer...and the game worked fine before excel. I also tried deleting them. That just made it worse, so I restored them. I guess I need the manual...but I can't find an online version.

zaqrack

no way a manual could solve this - the game is years older than the first DOS version of excel.

Have you tried starting the crack from a previously opened DOS prompt, not the file explorer/whatever stupidites windows has to start programs?

al il professore

the manual of stunts? but its on stunts ARE us... well the code checks are there. i found them on the internet. its yours right on this page

The stunts passwords, retyped, if anyone needed them yet... here

DOC-CHECK QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

For Stunts, version 1.1 (2/12/91)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

jordo12

I try using the command prompt (it's not really DOS, but it's all I can get). I can get to the front of the crack (the thing that appears before the game starts, but no farther. everytine i tell it to "start" It opens up another command prompt.

al il professore

okay you need an msn chat. i am connected all day. try to reach me and i'll help you play this game.

CTG

Since some of us can export replays to Excel...

Duplode

Windows takes file extensions way too seriously. jordo12's issue in all likelihood had no relation to that, however...

CTG

Btw how can I easily export RES files' hex codes to Excel (without a separate hexeditor)?

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on July 11, 2013, 03:25:38 PM
Btw how can I easily export RES files' hex codes to Excel (without a separate hexeditor)?

A RES file is just a bunch of meaningless bytes, so even if you managed to put them into Excel you'd still need to structure them into the car parameters. Writing a little program to do that should be easy, however; specially because someone else has done the boring part already  :)