News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

noRH just for pleasure scoreboard

Started by zaqrack, May 06, 2005, 04:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Well, I remember suggesting the idea several times before, but doesnt matter, looks like the need for it came now, and I'll try to satisfy these needs :)

So my starting concept:

When sending a replay drivers are given the opportunity to check the "noRH" checkbox. If they do, their replay wont go to the "2005times" database on my server, and so wont show up on the normal scoreboard. Instead they'll be inserted into the "2005norh" database, and shown on a separate scoreboard below the "normal" one.
    NoRH scoreboard wont have and show points. The times will only be listed from the fastest to the slowest, and thats all. Neither will be a teams or seasons rankings calculated.
    If a pipsqueak wants his noRH replay to count in the seasonal championship too (like Bponzai Joe does now), he has to send it again without checking the "noRH" checkbox
    The final noRH replays will be packed with the next track in a separate directory, just as the normal replays are.
I guess this method is better than just having a "noRH" sign next to noRH times on the scoreboard - because this way pipsqueaks can have an RH and also a noRH time every month if they want to.

In this state this is quite easy to code, so I'll be able to do it monday/tuesday. Please post your suggestions, additions during the weekend.

Mingva

Maybe it would be better to write thosse no-RH times in separate page? Just to add one additional menu item.

zaqrack

yes, it could be more comfortable

al il professore

wow! this is a great thing: santa claus exists. in spring he lives in budapest. my current best is 1:38. i love the live driving technique... but i compete against my own skills, as i am not very good at it :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

zaqrack

coded, as promised, uploaded, opened.

read the rules, try your luck

CTG

Thank you Zak, I started to enjoy racing again!  :)

Krys TOFF

A dream came true : noRH is here ! Count me in ! :D  :D  :D

CTG

Ouch, Krys is an excellent live pipsqueak. He'll be a very hard opponent in no-RH championship (I like this challange - come on Krys, let's start our prestige match again! ;))