News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

IMPORTANT FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS ESPECIALLY THE GERMAN ONES!!!

Started by KHR, May 29, 2005, 01:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DieselJoe

Thanks Zak, but K?ln is too far away from me into the wrong direction. :?

@Krys: A Clio has place for 5 persons, at the moment only Zak, Akoss and me are planned in. But they already arrive on Thursday afternoon, so I would have gone that day, too. :roll: We could of course spend the night in Hannover, sleep in the car and wait for you until Friday morning! :lol: Hmmm, 3 persons in a Clio... OK, possibly not such a great idea. Other ideas?

About trains: I just checked the site of the "Deutsche Bahn". There are connections (not directly), but travelling time would be around 6-9 hours. For most connections the price could not be calculated for some reason, only for one of them. It takes about 6 1/2 hours and costs 91 ?! :shock:
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

DieselJoe

If you want to check the train connection possibilities yourself, here is an english version of the Bahn-Site.

_____
EDIT:

Even a French one! :D
Tool

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "DieselJoe"Other ideas?
I can arrive thursday morning instead of friday morning, same price for my travel, just one day more to plan. :wink:

But I need to plan the departure at the same time, when do you plan to leave Aarhus ?
I have a departure every evening around 21H (9H PM) from Hambourg, a little bit later from Hannover.

Argammon

Diesel Joe:
The problem is not my car (It's my own after all,duh -> I can have it when I want to :D) , but that I have exams 2 weeks after the meeting and don't want to miss the last lessons :P.Meaning I if I decide I can come I would depart friday around 13.00 meaning if I don't drive the wrong direction like usual I would arrive at 21.00 ;)
I am not sure about when to drive back.Maybe sunday evening? Or skip the shit and just do monday? I don't know... have to make up my mind.

zaqrack

Quote from: "Argammon"Diesel Joe:
but that I have exams 2 weeks after the meeting and don't want to miss the last lessons :P.

Can't you just borrow the notes of someone? :)

zaqrack

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
Quote from: "DieselJoe"Other ideas?
I can arrive thursday morning instead of friday morning, same price for my travel, just one day more to plan. :wink:

But I need to plan the departure at the same time, when do you plan to leave Aarhus ?
I have a departure every evening around 21H (9H PM) from Hambourg, a little bit later from Hannover.

Our plane departs on the 19th, tuesday 6am from Hannover.
It depends on Diesel Joe of course, as he is the driver :), but I think it'd be a fair solution to leave Arhus on monday late afternoon, Krys could take Hamburg/Hannover flight wihc he prefers (though it'd be easier and faster just to stop at one airport) and we'll spend the night somehow in Hannover with Akoss -it was planned anyway, it's hopeless to arrive before 6am in the morning on tuesday :-S) And the brave DieselJoe could spend monday night already in his bed at home :)

As for the journey to the north, I suggest gathering in Hannover. We arrive  at 14:30 in the afternoon.
Depends on the arrival time of Krys's flight too. It'd be great if you could come on Thursday, Krys!  If it's late afternoon, Hamburg could be better to pick him up, but again: less meeting points, less trouble :)

BonzaiJoe

Well Argammon, it just depends on how important that exam is for you, and how important those lessons are for the exam.

JTK?
Alain?
But we can't be quite sure.

al il professore

gps is a revolutionary way to indicate your home adress... its like an internet url. but no revolution without brain.

eurolines is also available for freaking low cost trips, krys.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "zaqrack"Krys could take Hamburg/Hannover flight wihc he prefers (though it'd be easier and faster just to stop at one airport)  
I won't come by plane but by bus. 58? Paris-Hannover or Paris-Hamburg, way in and way back included. Same price for both destination. :D
Leaving Paris wednesday at 20H00, arrival in Hannover around 07H00 thursday morning, and arrival around 1 hour later at Hambourg.
Then I can wait for you if you come in the afternoon in one of these towns at a place we could define in advance.

Quote from: "zaqrack"As for the journey to the north, I suggest gathering in Hannover. We arrive  at 14:30 in the afternoon.
Depends on the arrival time of Krys's flight too. It'd be great if you could come on Thursday, Krys!  If it's late afternoon, Hamburg could be better to pick him up, but again: less meeting points, less trouble :)
Leaving is around 21H at Hamburg, around one hour later at Hannover. Arrival in the monday afternoon is perfect then for me to take the bus.

I'll check if I can a way in to Hamburg and visit the city before you take me. And for the way back leave from Hannover and also visit the city from the arrival with you by car and before leaving in the evening.
But maybe promotion tickets are only for way in and way back at for the same destination.
I go for further informations and tell you. :arrow:

Quote from: "al il professore"eurolines is also available for freaking low cost trips, krys.
Yes, but they are more expensive than allostop for Paris-Hannover or Paris-Hamburg. :wink:
They even have proposal from Paris to Aarhus directly in case DJ was not available, but price is then twice the price of Paris-Hannover !!! :shock:

zaqrack

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
I won't come by plane but by bus. 58? Paris-Hannover or Paris-Hamburg, way in and way back included. Same price for both destination. :D
Leaving Paris wednesday at 20H00, arrival in Hannover around 07H00 thursday morning, and arrival around 1 hour later at Hambourg.
Then I can wait for you if you come in the afternoon in one of these towns at a place we could define in advance.
That sounds fine, I just hope you can have a good sleep on the bus :)
We could meet in Hannover, you can have a sightseeing walk in the city - that's what we'll possibly also have on the night before our plane flies back to Budapest ), and then we could gather somewhere, hop in DJ's car, and head to the north :)

Quote from: "zaqrack"As for the journey to the north, I suggest gathering in Hannover. We arrive  at 14:30 in the afternoon.
Leaving is around 21H at Hamburg, around one hour later at Hannover. Arrival in the monday afternoon is perfect then for me to take the bus.

I'll check if I can a way in to Hamburg and visit the city before you take me. And for the way back leave from Hannover and also visit the city from the arrival with you by car and before leaving in the evening.
But maybe promotion tickets are only for way in and way back at for the same destination.
I go for further informations and tell you. :arrow:

Well it also depends on when we start from Denmark. But any of your ideas sound just great to me. I also like to have a look around in the cities I cross on my journey -it'd be a missed opportuntiy to leave it out.

If only 1 common destination/departure city is available I suggest Hannover of course :)

Zak

DieselJoe

OK, that already sounds nicer! :D

Krys, I don't want to destroy your sightseeing trip, but I really would prefer Hannover for picking you up, as I already know that city. There's a much better chance for finding you at all! :mrgreen:
Searching Zak and Akoss on the Airport will be fun enough, I have only been there once and it isn't really small! :lol:

Do you already know, where in Hannover you would arrive? At the "ZOB" (Central Bus Station)?
Tool

zaqrack

my phone number is:

+36702212178

and I'll examine the Hannover airport map in details and find a suitable place for the meeting point. We'll both wear our black 2004 Stunts shirts with Akoss  for easier recognisation :)

Arrival lounge, Terminal B, ground floor, number 15: meeting point just sounds fine to me :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "DieselJoe"Krys, I don't want to destroy your sightseeing trip, but I really would prefer Hannover for picking you up, as I already know that city.
Ok, I can do arrival thursday morning at Hannover and then departure monday evening from Hamburg (that's ok for bus tickets to arrive at one place and leave from another one). :wink:
Hamburg is on the way from Aarhus to Hannover, isn't it ?
Or is it a problem to "drop" me at Hamburg when we come back and then I need to do arrival and departure from Hannover ??? :roll:

Quote from: "DieselJoe"Do you already know, where in Hannover you would arrive? At the "ZOB" (Central Bus Station)?
Dunno yet, but probably it would be there.
I'll ask the bus arrival address, and also for Hamburg departure, and I'll print a town map of each city. :wink:

DieselJoe

OK, then everything sounds fine! :-)

@Krys: Yes, Hamburg seems to be exactly on the way!

@Zak & Akoss: OK, I'll wear my red one then. I also already know how you look from some photos, I'll also post a picture of me the next days, if I find a suitable one! :wink:
I'm available under +491751110060, if my mobile has not accidently switched off, it often does this at the moment :?

I'm really looking forward to the meeting and the journey! :D
Tool

KHR

Hi guys, this is JTK from KHR's place.

Please be sorry for not writing for weeks... this whole stuff is killing me - dealing with the breaking off of my brother and his wife, caring about both and also his kids... By the way one of my best friends also left his wife and kids the same week and my parents-in-law created the crisis of their lifes, too... This year seems to be awful to my environment and besides my much, much, much work I'm trying to cope with all of the shit... :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Anyway - there is no chance at my place for a meeting (sorry 2), but I definitely want to come to Denmark, which I can do on Thursday, because I work near Flensburg (Flensborg for BJ) :)

And I promise to bring Kiel beer, ideas for life racing tracks and a wide open heart looking forward to meet you all (again)!!!

BTW: Jacky, could you please tell your phone number? Thx in advance!

CU, JTK
Visit http://www.kalpen.de

SELECT Idea, Concept, Implementation FROM Brain WHERE Problem = $currentProblem
-----------------------------
Error 1146: Table 'Kalpen.Brain' doesn't exist