News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Current rankings are available here: http://bolyai.elte.hu/~usrin/stuntsbeer.xls. I'm going to taste some new beers, and re-taste some others that I can't remember of enough clearly. :) And I recommend to CTG to taste Czech and Slovak beers in their homeland: for example I'm sure that the Kozel exported to Hungary is not the same as Kozel 12% available in Slovakia. (In general, beers are cheaper in Slovakia, but you can't get Kozel 12% for 109 HUF=17 SKK=0,43 EUR there...)

Current "podium" is the following:
1. Stella Artois 8,75
2. Dreher Classic 8,67
3. Zlat? Ba?ant 8,50

B?FF! :partyman:
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Topvar was "12% pivo", Kozel only 8 or 9, I don't remember.

CTG

Strange, I gave good mark on Pilsner Urquell. I didn't like it very much but I felt it's a quality beer. Like in football: I don't like the french national team, but I see they are good.

Usrin

That means you really don't like Topvar (I don't know why), but you should find and taste the better Kozel. (Where? You can find the answer in my previous posts. :))

CTG

Topvar: The first centiliters were fair enough but after that I started to feel a strange backtaste and it was quite disgusting.

Kozel: I'll taste it :)

Current: I'm drinking Zlaty Bazant and after that I'll check Pilsner Urquell again. I wonder how my taste changed since May when I tried it.

Argammon

I don't really like beer.
Now with Zak we are 2.Let's start the anti beer opposition  :twisted:

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Heineken: 7.5, I tasted it on Monday.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Usrin

Ugh! :smt119 I'm afraid I've somehow overestimated the quality of Innstadt Beer... I've just drunken a bottle of it to my dinner, and it was horrible compared to the good old Borsodi I drank to lunch. :( So I've re-rated it - and added the rating of Akoss for Heineken.

CTG

Quote from: "Usrin"Ugh! :smt119 I'm afraid I've somehow overestimated the quality of Innstadt Beer... I've just drunken a bottle of it to my dinner, and it was horrible compared to the good old Borsodi I drank to lunch. :( So I've re-rated it - and added the rating of Akoss for Heineken.

Yes, I also poured the last 200 ccm in the washbasin. It was disgusting.

Usrin

As Scholarship of the Republic arrived to my account, I decided to taste some more expensive beers (compared to those I use to drink). My ratings will appear in the chart in the next few weeks... Today I started with Carlsberg, CTG's favourite. Its quality was perfect, but I could feel a light sourish tinge, which was a bit strange for me... That's why I gave it "only" 8 pts, but it was enough for it for the first place in overall rankings.

CTG

Quote from: "Usrin"As Scholarship of the Republic arrived to my account...

EAGER-BEAVER!!! :P:P:P

Usrin

I don't know who spared money (main sources of it were also scholarships, I would bet...) for buying a notebook - which is an EXTREMELY eager-beaver (and bourgeois) thing, as it sucks for playing Stunts, but is very good for Word, PowerPoint and other typical eager-beaver applications. :P I would rather taste new beers...

CTG

Quote from: "Usrin"I don't know who spared money (main sources of it were also scholarships, I would bet...) for buying a notebook - which is an EXTREMELY eager-beaver (and bourgeois) thing, as it sucks for playing Stunts, but is very good for Word, PowerPoint and other typical eager-beaver applications. :P I would rather taste new beers...

1, It wasn't that expensive and my parents gave me some money to buy it.
2, I needed notebook because the fuckin' thermoanalitics group didn't have any free computers for me at the laboratory that's why I had to bring my own one (imagine if I carry a complet PC configuration every day to the university... :D).
3, I played Stunts on my notebook in the last few months. My 51.65 was made on that notebook (easily). It runs Stunts quite good.

Scholarship of the state is an eager-beaver thing (high average, TDK, OTDK, articles in scientific magazines, dick sucking at the rector/minister of education, etc.). My spared money came from my school leaving ceremony's income (~50000 HUF), from an Austrian uncle (100 Euro) and it was in a bank for some years. My average sucks so I don't get too much money from the university.

About beer: this is the only thing I really spend money on. My next action will be a visit in P?rk?ny (ha-ha yes, you know it as Sturovo) and I'll try some quality beers (max 1.00 Euro/bottle).

Usrin

Quote from: "CTG"It wasn't that expensive (...)
I've waited for this typical bourgeois answer. :P How many bottles of beer could you buy for the price of it, or how many Stunts meetings could you go to for this money... but "it wasn't expensive". :P

Quote from: "CTG"My average sucks (...)
Yes, for an eager-beaver like you it sucks, but I'm sure that many of your classmates envy you for it. (Otherwise you wouldn't plan applying for PhD seriously...)

OK, I know that Stunts runs well on notebooks, but I think their small keyboards are not comfortable for driving. (Well, I've never tried that, but I can imagine how embarrassing it would be for me...)

Get back to the topic! Your idea (going to Sturovo for beers) is very good: if you won't buy "8%" or "9%" beers, you surely won't be disappointed. These percentages shows the quality very dependably. So don't be afraid of bad quality if you find a "12%" beer for extremely low price (0,30-0,35 EUR)! And I think you won't find any beers above 1.00 EUR in an average shop in Slovakia...

Usrin

Another interesting thing about beers: on the label of the fuckin' Innstadt Beer I saw that it contains 4,8% alcohol, ?0,5%. I think the Hungarian regulation says that the average alcohol content should be written on the label, with ?0,5% as margin of error. In Slovakia the mimimal value is written on the labels - so you could read "min. 4,3%" on Innstadt Beer, if it would be possible to find such a shitty beer there. So don't be surprised if you read "min. 4,1%" as alcohol content - it means the same as "4,6%" on Borsodi.