News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

On the other hand eating some really heavy dishes with high fat content like bacon makes you stronger versus alcohol, especially hard drinks (p?linka, absinth).

Chulk

He says vegetal oil (as it is quite thick) forms a kind of protector film againts liver walls, so difficult alcohol metabolism.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Chulk on January 29, 2008, 03:14:23 PM
I have a friend who drinks 2 glasses of vegetal oil before drinking alcohol, and says that keeps him from getting drunk. I don't really know if it works, but I've seen him drunk many times... althouhg maybe he didn't have oil those times.

Old Hungarian men when they went to their wine cellar to get drunken, also ate a spoon of fat (or lot of bread with fat and onion) in order to avoid vomiting. With that, fat formed a layer on their stomach, so too much alcohol didn't make them vomit. They were drunken, but they stood alcohol well. Me and my friends also use this method (with the bread/fat/onion option) on wine cellar parties. :)
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

SuperBrian

This is really a great site, only stunts is better!

www.ratebeer.com

Get drunk and vote!
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

CTG

I know this site for ages, it is really useful for beer addicts. Although I must laugh sometimes when seeing bad scores for good beers and the opposite... :)

SuperBrian

Haha yeah, I tasted this really nice Harboe 1883 yesterday. An extraordinary good dark beer, maybe a little too sweet. But anyway I can only recommend it. Then I saw someone rating it to 0,8 where minimum is 0,5. I checked out which type of beer he liked and saw that he was into ciders, fruity beers and such. I just love a dark beer with lots of alcohol.. :P
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

CTG

Dark berr with lot's of alcohol? Wow, the same for me! What about Belgian beers? (Hoegaarden, Duvel, Kwak, Chimay...)

CTG

After the last friday I wanted to buy a beer for tonight but somehow I felt disgusted from all the alcoholic drinks. Damn, my "hate" is longer than expected... :(

CTG

Another two Belgians tonight! I also have a bottle of red wine but I don't feel any inspiration to drink it...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Test of Slovakian beers:

Kelt 10% - not worse than the 12% version was, mark: 7.5
Smadny Mnich 10% - uncharacteristic, a bit bitter taste... I don't like it so much, mark: 4
Saris 12% - now I have to give a 7 mark on it
Corgon 10% - not bad, but nothing really special, mark: 6
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

CTG

Oh I forgot to rate my latest beers. Well... I must be tired of Belgians or something else, because I don't really like to drink them nowadays. Maybe I should continue with Czech/Slovakian specialities. ;)

CTG

So before I forget those Belgians:

Tripel Carmeliet (BEL, 8% alcohol, 529 HUF/0.33 l): too intensive foaming (typical illness of concentrated dark beers), nothing extra, just the usual Abbaye stuff in almost good quality. Not the best one either... Mark: 7/10

St. Benoit Blonde (BEL, 6.3% alcohol, 439 HUF/0.33 l): too much Belgians in a row, maybe I'm bored in them - this one was another member of the Belgian scheme. Slightly better than the first one, although it was a bit weak for me in alcohol content. Mark: 8/10

CTG

Four newbies in the last few weeks, the fifth is in the fridge. Let's see them:

Sagres (POR, 6.6% alcohol, 279 HUF/0.33 l): surprise from an unusual beer country! Red beer, such as Kwak and almost as good as it was. Big wow! Mark: 9/10.

Westmalle Trappist Tripel (BEL, 9.5% alcohol, 629 HUF/0.33 l): the most expensive beer ever tried - I was afraid of a big disappointment. Lucky case, this one was a really good one: very strong, very tasteful. Great beer! Mark: 9/10.

Orval (BEL, 6.2% alcohol, 579 HUF/0.33 l): just another Belgian with beautiful bottle, average abbaye beer taste and a bit weak alcoholic taste - 6.2% used to seem stronger in other beers. Mark: 8/10.

Szent István sör (HUN, 4.6% alcohol, 159 HUF/0.5 l, but in an expensive non-stop supermarket): typical 3rd class non-quality beer for alcoholists, similar to Köbányai but with a bit stronger sour backtaste. Weak-mediorce one, I won't ever drink it anymore, unless I get it for free. Mark: 3/10.

So the fifth one is still left - it's a Belgian again. ;)

CTG

Delirium Tremens (BEL, 8.5%, 579 HUF/0.33 l): too Belgian. It's not a complain, just a fact. Not the best anyway. Mark: 7.5/10.

Usrin

I was in Prague last weekend, so three types of Primátor (CZE) beers will be tested soon. The strongest one, Primátor Double contains 24% extract and 10,5% alcohol - for only 19 CZK (0,75 EUR)! ;)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.