News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on March 20, 2008, 01:09:21 PM
10,5% alcohol

Not so strong... Scaldis from Belgium had 12%, Kasteel Bruin was 11%... ;)

Quote from: Usrin on March 20, 2008, 01:09:21 PM
for only 19 CZK (0,75 EUR)! ;)

...but this data is really interesting! ;D

CTG

Two FRENCH newbies from last Friday:

Grimbergen Cuvée Ambrée (FRA, 6.5 % alcohol, 250 HUF/ 0.25 l): abbaye beer France, quite different from the Belgians. I liked the taste but missed the power in spite of it's alcohol content. Mark: 7.5/10.

Wel Stoch au malt des Highlands (FRA, 6.2 % alcohol, 250 HUF/ 0.25 l): very special one, containing the malt of whisky. Very tasteful and good beer, even if it's not a typical "CTG's favorite" type. Mark: 8.5/10.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Budweiser 1795 (CZE, 5,0%) 7 pts
Oberdorfer Weissbier (?GER, 5,5%) 7 pts
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Oh my God, the first kriek "beer" of my life! I won't rate it because it's really far from beerish taste with the added cherry, but I have to say it's an excellent and tasteful (sweet) - maybe a bit femalish - drink (imaginary score: 10/10, don't add it to the database). Oh and what's that exactly? Kasteel Rouge (BEL, 8% alcohol, 579 HUF/ 0.33 l). I suggest it for Diesel Still Drinking Joe! ;)

BonzaiJoe

But that's really expensive... I can't even think about what it would cost here.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Wow, several newbies at G-Roby shop (Móricz Square), mainly the other versions of the tested bruin/blonde beers. Heavy testing period is coming soon! ;)

CTG

Not by beer but...

CTG

I am really dRUNK!!!! ;D Whisky+wine, 25:38 long talk with Poo in the phone... so it's a BÖFF!!! Beer topic must be the biggest instead of Sports, even if I started both! ;)

Usrin

Ratings of the mentioned Czech beers:

Primátor Double (CZE, 10,5%): 4/10
Primátor Rytírsky (CZE, 9,0%): 5,5/10
Primátor Polotmavy (CZE, 5,5%): 8,5/10

The quality of those strong Primátor beers is really good, but they are really sweet besides the normal taste of dark beers... it isn't for my taste.

And the newest one:

Niksicko (MNE, 5,0%): 4/10

It is the most popular beer in Montenegro, but it reminded me on the strange tastes of some Hungarian "home-made" beers.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on May 08, 2008, 10:06:54 AM
The quality of those strong Primátor beers is really good, but they are really sweet besides the normal taste of dark beers... it isn't for my taste.

It sounds excellent for me. ;)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on May 08, 2008, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: Usrin on May 08, 2008, 10:06:54 AM

It sounds excellent for me. ;)

Primátor is a standard brand in the Czech-Slovakian beer shop in Kazincbarcika. I've tasted some of them (via my uncle), but I couldn't remember their exact name, so I forgot their score.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Before I forget, two other french newbies from Auchan:

Grain D'Orge Cuvée 1898 (FRA, 8.5% alcohol, 499 HUF/0.5 l): well, well, well... French beer factories should learn from their neighbour (Belgium). Even if it is a strong beer (couldn't really feel it), it isn't really characteristic and has a bad sour backtaste. I didn't like it very much compared to the price. Mark: 3.5/10

La Divine St Ladelin (FRA, 8.5% alcohol, 499 HUF/0.5 l): a lot better than the first one. Not very characteristic, not very strong taste - but still quite good to drink on a warm day. Mark: 6.5/10

CTG

Tomorrow I'm going to Slovakia - let's see if they have something new for me... ;)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 12, 2008, 05:19:02 PM
Tomorrow I'm going to Slovakia - let's see if they have something new for me... ;)

Well I bought no beer in Kosice... but a nice bottle of Becherovka! ;)

Quote from: Wikipedia
Becherovka is an herbal bitters made in Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, flavored with anise seeds, cinnamon, and approximately 32 other herbs, first sold in 1807. It is normally served cold, and is often used as an aid to digestion. It can also be served with tonic water, in which case it is known as a beton (Czech for "concrete"). Its alcohol content is 38 percent.

CTG

Another belgian on the list:

Barbar Blonde Au Miel (BEL, 8% alcohol, 579 HUF/0.33 l): the usual strong belgian beer taste with some piquant savour in the background thanks to the added honey. Belgians really know how to make extra fine beer specialities! Mark: 9/10