News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Valentins Weissbier (GER, 5,3%, wheat beer) 7.5/10
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

CTG

Two weeks without beer. Damn! :-\ :D

CTG

6 beers to rate here... maybe tonight.

SuperBrian

Quote from: CTG on July 21, 2008, 04:58:28 PM

Aaarght, how can you survive for so long? :o
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

CTG

Quote from: SuperBrian on August 19, 2008, 12:42:02 AM
Quote from: CTG on July 21, 2008, 04:58:28 PM

Aaarght, how can you survive for so long? :o

With 4 Polish and 2 German newbies later. ;D

CTG

Quote from: CTG on December 29, 2007, 07:27:49 PM
I couldn't rate Warsteiner although I drunk it - that night was simply horrible with a new personal record of drinking alcohol (but as far as I remember I gave something like 6 +/-1 pts). And the biggest vomit after it... Details: later, in another topic. ;D

Tonight: re-testing Warsteiner. ;) ;D

CTG

Warsteiner (GER, 4.8% alcohol, 199 HUF/0.33 l): great summer beer without real power but with nice bitter taste. Mark: 7.5/10.

Now let's continue with the well-known Pilsner Urquell.  ;)

CTG

So the promised six beers from the last few weeks:

Flensburger Dunkel (GER, 4.8% alcohol, 259 HUF/0.33 l): disappointing dark beer without power and a bit waterish taste. No bad backtaste but I don't recommend this one for dark beer lovers. Mark: 4.5/10

Flensburger Weizen (GER, 5.1% alcohol, 259 HUF/0.33 l): a lot better than the dunkel version. Great wheat beer, although it wasn't very strong. Mark: 8/10

Tatra Jasne Pelne (POL, 6.0% alcohol, 2.79 PLZ/0.5 l in a non-stop supermarket): good-mediorce semi-strong beer, nothing really special but I liked it. Mark: 7/10

Zywiec (POL, 5.6% alcohol, 6 PLZ/1 l in a restaurant): strange one. Tastes like an average beer with average alcohol content - but somehow it hits. Another strange thing: it had more metallic taste than other canned beers in Poland. Mark: 6/10

Okocim Mocne (POL, 7.1% alcohol, 2.75 PLZ/0.5 l): very special and delicious beer, it has 15% (!) extract content. A little bit sweet but in the good meaning. I liked it very-very much! Mark: 9.5/10

Zubr (POL, 6.0% alcohol, 2.50 PLZ/0.5 l): quite good, but nothing special again. I felt the semi-high alcohol and extract content. Mark: 6.5/10

Beer tests:

Soproni Fekete Démon 4.5/10 - nothing special
Blanche De Namur 6.5/10 - I guess the tastes of the beers were mixed in my mouth and I was hungry, maybe it would have deserved a bit more
Erdinger dark wheat beer 5.5/10 - rather dark than wheat, that's why Usrin liked it more than me
Prince (cheap beer) 3.5/10 - drinkable category

816.79 km

CTG

I just recognized that Blanche de Namur was a newbie for me too, so...

Blanche de Namur (BEL, 4.5% alcohol, 399 HUF/0.33 l): weak in alcohol content but quite tasteful white beer anyway. Not my usual style. Mark: 7.5/10

CTG

lised

Have you ever tried the beer "black hole"? It IS black and around 13% and tastes...hmm...very strange :) Hope you'll try it some day  :-*

CTG

Quote from: lised on August 27, 2008, 12:17:39 AM
Have you ever tried the beer "black hole"? It IS black and around 13% and tastes...hmm...very strange :) Hope you'll try it some day  :-*

I prefer other kind of black holes. ;D ;)

CTG

I'm planning to taste some really cheap and probably bad beers - just to calibrate the scale between 1 and 3. Yes, I'm going to try Schlossmühle too. That's what I call braveness. Others will say it's rather insane... ;D

Quote from: CTG on September 09, 2008, 12:06:02 AM
I'm planning to taste some really cheap and probably bad beers - just to calibrate the scale between 1 and 3. Yes, I'm going to try Schlossmühle too. That's what I call braveness. Others will say it's rather insane... ;D

Then visit Profi, Penny Market, Lidl and cheap supermarkets like these. Spar and Tesco also offers some kinds of cheap beers, though not as many as the previous ones. The best cheap beers are: Grafen Walder (Lidl) and Sárkány (Spar); Grafen Walder is a class better..

816.79 km