News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 23, 2010, 11:07:46 PM
drinking again, 2 and half newbies

... and no evaluation. Work kills.

CTG

...and no really good newbies in X-mas beer category. Bah!

Usrin

Possibly interesting information about Sárkány Beer (HUN), which can explain the very different results of tasting it:
http://homar.blog.hu/2007/07/06/ki_a_sarkanyt_nem_becsuli

The main story is shitty, and it isn't related to Sárkány Beer, but read the last few comments. (Sorry, it's in Hungarian.)

What a pity I haven't drank Sárkány Beer for years... But in the next days, it will be sold for 129 HUF/0,5 l in Interspar. and I will try it again.

BÖFF!!!  ;D

Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

129?!?!? The last time I bought Sárkány, it was only 79...

alanrotoi

One of the beers I like is Iguana.

But the best I like is Corona from Mexico, you have to taste it!

CTG

South American beers... something I still couldn't try.

CTG

Liver problems again, back to NA beers... damn!

CTG

Steininger sucks (GER, 149 HUF/0.5 l can, 4.8 % alcohol), 3/10 pts.

Usrin

As I told long ago, I don't like wheat beers. But this year, a new one appeared in shops of Hungary, from a very famous brand: Borsodi, whose lager is very popular, and there's a well-known rhyme telling that it induces erection. So I definitely had to try Borsodi Búza, the newbie, although it wasn't too cheap (220 HUF/0.5 l)... It was a big surprise. I felt nothing of the typical taste of wheat beers (which is too sour and medicine-like for me), and I didn't feel anything else... It was rather like a noname, featureless soft drink. Then I decided to buy Löwenweisse, a well-known wheat beer to check whether my taste changed so much, or Borsodi Búza is so strange. The answer is the latter. Löwenweisse was characteristic, and it had the typical (bad) taste of wheat beers I remembered. So I wouldn't recommend Borsodi Búza even to wheat beer fans...

However, the original Borsodi (lager) and Borsodi Bivaly are not worse than before!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quintine Blonde (BEL, 8% alcohol, 749 HUF/0.33 l): the Belgian "stereotype", excellent one, maybe a little bit too strong alcoholic taste. Mark: 9/10.

Gulden Draak (BEL, 10.5% alcohol, 749 HUF/0.33 l): strange, but it has less alcoholic taste, than the former one. However, it's not a real Belgian for me, just an average dark beer. Mark: 7/10.

CTG

Something from the deep...

Augsteiner Weissbier (GER, 5.3% alcohol, 169 HUF/0.5 l can): crap, crap, crap. Not a wheat beer at all, just water with the weak taste of rotten yeast. Really bad. Mark: 2/10.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Augsteiner Weissbier was also tasted by me. It's not that crappy, though it's not good. 4/10

Another new beer: Borsodi Búza. 3/10. Does not have a wheat beer taste.

Now I'm living farther from the cheap Holsten/Tuborg Green shop than in the previous 3.5 years, so it was time to get back to Borsodi. There's a cheap supermarket near where I can buy it.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

SuperBrian

Any of you on www.ratebeer.com? I have tasted over 500 different beers at the moment and it seems that my favourite taste is Old Traditional Ale and Barley Wines. My worst kind of beer is pilsner with no head and very metallic and water-like. Just as Rotois Corona - yuck! you could drink water instead. You should try some beers from the american brewery Brewdog instead..  8)
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

CTG

Quote from: SuperBrian on November 02, 2011, 02:03:41 PM
Just as Rotois Corona - yuck!

So Rotoi is a crappy one. I always knew that.

CTG

Where are my beer ratings from Austria? :-\