News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 23, 2012, 10:41:48 AM
Köbányai 5

Wow! It's been a long time since I've had Köbányai, and this rating surprised me. So I couldn't help tasting it again. It was a good idea: I could buy it for 139 HUF/0.5 l in the shop closest to my workplace, and it proved to be not worse than other members of the Dreher-Arany Ászok "family". (Köbányai is the least advertised, cheapest, although traditional brand of the same brewery.)

Köbányai (4.3% V/V): 4.5/10. Not bad in price/value ratio!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on February 24, 2012, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 23, 2012, 10:41:48 AM
Köbányai 5

Wow! It's been a long time since I've had Köbányai, and this rating surprised me. So I couldn't help tasting it again. It was a good idea: I could buy it for 139 HUF/0.5 l in the shop closest to my workplace, and it proved to be not worse than other members of the Dreher-Arany Ászok "family". (Köbányai is the least advertised, cheapest, although traditional brand of the same brewery.)

Köbányai (4.3% V/V): 4.5/10. Not bad in price/value ratio!

Finally!!! :D

Usrin

Quote from: Usrin on February 23, 2012, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: Friker
Šariš is a very bad kind of beer.. uff..

Perhaps I was biased towards Slovakian products. :D Or maybe beers in Slovakia also underwent serious changes. The mystery should be solved by a beer trip to Slovakia. Coming soon!
8)

Beer trip accomplished! And I still don't have any problem with Šariš...

Ratings of some Slovak (& Czech) beers, March 2012:
Kelt 10° (SVK, 0,65 EUR/0.5 l): 5/10. Something serious happened to the one-time famous Kelt.. or I would have to taste the Czech-brewed 12° version.
Zlaty Bažant 12° (SVK, 0.82 EUR/0.5 l): 9/10. Excellent!!!
Šariš 12° (SVK, 0.79 EUR/0.5 l): 7/10. Not outstanding, but better than the 'average' Hungarian brands.
Topvar 12° (SVK, 0.79 EUR/0.5 l): 7.5/10.
Kozel 12° (SVK, 0.85 EUR/0.5 l): 8/10. It has nothing to do with the weak Hungarian copy... simply a different world!

Dark beers:
Šariš Red (0.95 EUR/0.5 l): 7/10.
Zlaty Bažant Tmavý (SVK, 0.93 EUR/0.5 l): 5.5/10. No problem with its taste, but weaker, less characteristic than I expected.
Master Tmavý 18° (CZE, 7.0% V/V, 1.09 EUR/0.355 l): 8.5/10. Very similar to Dreher Bak.

Btw, beer prices are much higher than they were several years ago... So it's no more worth to buy beer in Slovakia for saving money.

Usrin

And one from the UK:
Carling (ENG, 4.8% V/V, 0.92 GBP/0.44 l): 4/10. I can't believe that British (and Irish) beers are shitty... they're rather far from my taste.

CTG

Believe it, they are shitty.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I am just back from a trip in Transylvania (Romania). I held a conference presentation there, and of course I took some beers home. Official beer test tonight!

The beers to be tested:

- Ursus (ROM, 5.0%, 2.70 lei/can)
- Silva (ROM, 5.1%, 2.40 lei/can)
- Ciuc (ROM, 5.0%, 2.90 lei/can)

I knew Ursus before, I gave 8.0 on it two years ago, and I tasted it again in Romania. Ciuc is the beer which I've just tasted for the first time on my trip. Silva is a totally new beer for me. I drank these beers under very different circumstances (being f*cking thristy, having it rather warm), so I decided to rely on tonight's test. Ursus and Ciuc can expect a high rating - they are better than the commercial Hungarian beers.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Result of beer test:

- Ursus 7.5/10 (a quality lager with a bitter taste - my style of beer, it still can keep its good result)
- Ciuc 7/10 (not too bitter, but this pils has a clean, characteristic good taste)
- Silva 6/10 (not bad, but it has a bit too heavy taste which I can't really like in beers).

Very good price/taste ratio. Romania is still a cheaper country than Hungary.

About Usrin's beer test:

How can a beer be packed in a 0.44 l bottle/can? What is it like?

629.09 km

CTG

CTG

Non-alcoholic period - AGAIN. :-\ >:(

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 02, 2012, 10:30:24 PM
About Usrin's beer test:

How can a beer be packed in a 0.44 l bottle/can? What is it like?

Ugh, sorry, I missed this question. It was an ordinary can, slightly less tall than the 0.5 l ones. This size is common in the UK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverage_can#Standard_sizes

(It seems we're lucky to live in the part of the world where beer cans are the largest... see the above link.)

I was in Italy in 2006, and there the most common beer package was the 0.66 l bottle;D Btw forever Birra Moretti!  ;D

629.09 km

CTG

0.66? That's nothing.

Köbányai, 2 l "bottle" (PET) ;D:

Quote from: CTG on May 03, 2012, 11:10:24 PM
0.66? That's nothing.

Köbányai, 2 l "bottle" (PET) ;D:

Well, this package exists, but this is not the most common one.

629.09 km

CTG

90% percent of my alcohol consumption in 2012 came from more concentrated drinks. Strange.

CTG

CTG is drunk at the moment. My liver doesn't like it.