News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I tasted draught Okocim in Poland (8.00 PLN/0.5 l, very expensive but it was in a tourist center near Zakopane, at Chocholowska Valley), 5.5/10.

I would need to taste it from a bottle/can to give a more realistic rating - I don't really like draught beer.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

As for me, Okocim is the best polish beer.

CTG

Wow, wow, wow!!! Another perfect superstrong Belgian!

Kasteel Donker (BEL, 11% alcohol, 699 HUF/0.33 l): nice color and delicious smell, perfect ratio of sweet and bitter, no alcoholic backtaste (despite of the high alcohol content). It deserves to join Hoegaarden Grand Cru and Kwak: 10 pts!

CTG

Although it's far from the current world record, the name of this beer with 32% (!!!) alcohol content deserves to be mentioned: Tactical Nuclear Penguin! ;D

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/11/liquor-like-scottish-beer-heading-to-us-shelves/

Quote from: CTG on May 24, 2012, 01:02:34 PM
Although it's far from the current world record, the name of this beer with 32% (!!!) alcohol content deserves to be mentioned: Tactical Nuclear Penguin! ;D

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/11/liquor-like-scottish-beer-heading-to-us-shelves/

Forever Penguins!  ;D (except for Kövér)

629.09 km

CTG

Few days ago I tried three different beers from Fuller's - strange, but still can't decide about their marks. Next candidate: Bush Ambree (BEL, 12% alcohol content), it will be tasted tonight.

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on May 14, 2012, 10:20:26 PM
As for me, Okocim is the best polish beer.

Which one is the worst? I have a candidate for this title... Yesterday I bought a can of Tatra beer (POL, 6,0% V/V, 4.00 PLN/0.5 l) at Warsaw airport. It had only weak signs of beer taste, it was rather sweetish with a "synthetic" backtaste. Well, it's a cheap one (for comparison, Okocim was 5.50 PLN in the same shop), but...

After all, I decided that it would be worth drinking it instead of spilling, and at least it gave me some great BÖFFs. So it wasn't as undrinkable as the good old Ilzer Beer (1.0/10) many years ago - and deserved 2.0/10.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Btw the unit of alcohol consumption has recently changed. The alcohol content of Borsodi beer has decreased to 4.5 percent (from 4.6 percent). That means the can/bottle of Borsodi only contains 22.5 ccm Et-OH instead of 23 ccm. Since an alcohol content of a Borsodi is the unit of alcohol consumption, now we have to calculate with the new data.

But at the moment there is a Borsodi for a discount prize. A new can contains 10 percent more beer (with 4.5 percent alcohol content). With this, the current unit of alcohol consumption is 550*0.045=24.75 ccm. I'm enjoying it during the Netherlands-Denmark football ECH match! BÖFF!!!

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 09, 2012, 06:14:49 PM
Btw the unit of alcohol consumption has recently change. The alcohol content of Borsodi beer has decreased to 4.5 percent (from 4.6 percent). That means a can/bottle of Borsodi only contains 22.5 ccm Et-OH instead of 23 ccm. Since an alcohol content of a Borsodi is the unit of alcohol consumption, now we have to calculate with the new data.

AZT A BÜDÖS KURVA... Vissza azt a 0.1%-ot, de legott!!!

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 09, 2012, 06:14:49 PM
Btw the unit of alcohol consumption has recently changed. The alcohol content of Borsodi beer has decreased to 4.5 percent (from 4.6 percent). That means a can/bottle of Borsodi only contains 22.5 ccm Et-OH instead of 23 ccm. Since an alcohol content of a Borsodi is the unit of alcohol consumption, now we have to calculate with the new data.

But at the moment there is a Borsodi for a discount prize. A new bottle contains 10 percent more beer (with 4.5 percent alcohol content). With this, the current unit of alcohol consumption is 550*0.045=24.75 ccm. I'm enjoying it during the Netherlands-Denmark football ECH match! BÖFF!!!

HIHETETLEN!!! Why on earth should it have been done with our good old Borsodi? At least, increasing the bottle size is a good idea, but I'm afraid that it's only for a short time...

Btw, some recently tested beers:

Borg Plis Lettøl (NOR, 2,5% V/V, 4.50 NOK/0.33 l): 5.5/10.
"Semi-alcoholic" for avoiding the high tax on alcoholic drinks, so maybe offtopic here... but has a surprisingly good taste, similar to Tuborg and Carlsberg (Scandinavian style?). The only strange thing: it has a very weak foam, CO2 content rather appears like in a soft drink.

Borg Pils (NOR, 4.5% V/V, 11.50 NOK/0.33 l): 6.5/10.
Similar to the above version, but with almost normal foam. Similar to Carlsberg and Tuborg, although less characteristic.

Kompils (NOR, 4.5 V/V%, 19.90 NOK/0.5 l): 3/10.
Like a "noname", shitty beer in Hungary... drinkable, but watery, with not so good taste. (It's the cheapest beer which I could find with normal alcohol content, in a normal-sized can.)

CTG

Almost 50000 views... :D

CTG

But only a second page topic?!?!?

CTG

Not anymore, hahahahaha!!!

Usrin

I'm going to spend the next two weeks (from Wednesday) in Germany. That wiil guarantee a lot of BÖFFs for me, and a place at the top of the list for this topic.
;)

zaqrack

have lots of fun! Looks like the new job also brought more travel to your life.

Next week finally holidays for me! We are going to Hangzhou and Moganshan.
Looking forward to it, but if I would drink beer it would be nevertheless interesting from that perspecgive, as two local beers are available:

1. Moganshan Beer is a small local brewery (very rare in China), comes for 3Y (105Huf) per bottle
2. Anji Beer is special - it is made out of bamboo. In fact it is called "Anji bamboo science beer"