News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Quote from: zaqrack on July 23, 2012, 02:18:40 PM
have lots of fun! Looks like the new job also brought more travel to your life.

Next week finally holidays for me! We are going to Hangzhou and Moganshan.
Looking forward to it, but if I would drink beer it would be nevertheless interesting from that perspecgive, as two local beers are available:

1. Moganshan Beer is a small local brewery (very rare in China), comes for 3Y (105Huf) per bottle

Thanks! Well, we don't travel so much, neither to that German office of the company. (All affairs can be discussed online...) But as a newbie, I'm going there for kind of an internal training. So probably I'll have only 1 beer/day (although I know that one beer is not a beer). But that will mean 15 different types during my stay.
:)

Quote from: zaqrack on July 23, 2012, 02:18:40 PM
2. Anji Beer is special - it is made out of bamboo. In fact it is called "Anji bamboo science beer"

Grrr... I'm afraid I would be too conservative for that. However, it can't be worse than Tesco Value and Ilzer beers (early versions of Schlossmühle).

Btw, the price of Moganshan is very attractive!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Usrin

Quote from: Usrin on July 23, 2012, 03:50:28 PM

Hehe, I found a much better deal in LIDL!

Grafenwalder Gold (GER, 0.29 EUR(!!!)/0.5 l, 4.9% V/V): 6/10. It is absolutely OK: nothing special, but a good 'basic' beer like Soproni or Borsodi. Perhaps it's not the same that they sell under the same brand in Hungary.

Notably, the deposit for the bottle (0.25 EUR) is almost the same as the price of the beer. Like it was for Schlossmühle (with exactly the same ratio, 29/25).

Usrin

Btw, it seems that crappy beers also exist in Germany... At least, 5.0 Original (with a name referring to the alcohol content) is crappy with some sour taste, far from what I would expect from a beer. 0.39 EUR, 2.5/10.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Usrin on July 28, 2012, 11:12:49 PM
Quote from: Usrin on July 23, 2012, 03:50:28 PM

Hehe, I found a much better deal in LIDL!

Grafenwalder Gold (GER, 0.29 EUR(!!!)/0.5 l, 4.9% V/V): 6/10. It is absolutely OK: nothing special, but a good 'basic' beer like Soproni or Borsodi. Perhaps it's not the same that they sell under the same brand in Hungary.

Notably, the deposit for the bottle (0.25 EUR) is almost the same as the price of the beer. Like it was for Schlossmühle (with exactly the same ratio, 29/25).

Grafenwalder is an okay beer here at home, too - I always told you that. The one they sell here in Hungarian Lidls is somewhere around 5.5 for me. Occasionally I buy it, it is really not bad.
By the way it is also packed in a gold can, and the alcohol content is 4.9% as well.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Usrin

How much is the price of it in Hungary? (LIDL is far from my place in Budapest, so I go there once in 5 years.)

Somewhere around 150 HUF/can 0.5 l, I don't know exactly. It is the second most 'expensive' Lidl beer after Perlenbacher.

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Oh beer, I'm looking forward to drinking you again sometime. I've been writing this thesis for so long and not drinking anything. Except at Roskilde festival, but that was just one kind of beer.
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Could someone compile a (rough) top list, based on this thread? Then I might start out by drinking those beers when I'm done. If they are available here.
But we can't be quite sure.

When there's a slight break in this Olympic afternoon/evening, I'll try to edit one. Though I'm not sure whether all the beers we are talking about here in this topic are reachable for you in Denmark...

629.09 km

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 29, 2012, 04:43:26 PM
When there's a slight break in this Olympic afternoon/evening, I'll try to edit one. Though I'm not sure whether all the beers we are talking about here in this topic are reachable for you in Denmark...

That would be great! Btw, I think you shouldn't use our evaluations on Hungarian beers from before ~2010. (As we posted about it here, many of them changed a lot.)

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 29, 2012, 11:58:25 AM
Somewhere around 150 HUF/can 0.5 l, I don't know exactly. It is the second most 'expensive' Lidl beer after Perlenbacher.

Wow, almost twice as expensive as here?   :o

Besides the four types (Gold, Pils, Hefe-Weiss and a dark) of Grafenwaldner, LIDL has one more beer brand in Germany. It's Bergadler Premium Pils, which I'm drinking at the moment. (It was 0.37 EUR/0.5 l.) If I didn't know that it's not a Grafenwaldner, probably I wouldn't feel any difference. So the mark is the same: 6.0/10.

I also tasted Welde Pils today - finally a really good, tasteful German beer, although not exceptional. It deserved 7.5/10. (I payed 2.50 EUR for 0.33 l in a bar, which was the only place with beer within 2 km. No information about its price in shops.)

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 29, 2012, 12:19:38 PM
Could someone compile a (rough) top list, based on this thread? Then I might start out by drinking those beers when I'm done. If they are available here.

Don't care about the marks, try the top Belgians: Kasteel (especially the quadrupel, called Donker), Kwak, Hoegaarden (Grand Cru), La Trappe (quadrupel).

Usrin

Let me introduce further newbies!

Ureich Premium Pils (0.69 EUR/0.5 l, 4.8 V/V%): 7/10
Ratskrone Export (0.39 EUR/0.5 l, 5.2 V/V%): 5.5/10
Kühler Krug Unfiltriert (2.29 EUR/0.75 l, 5.2 V/V%): 7.5/10. It's a speciality from a small brewery in Karlsruhe. It smells like a "white beer" (unfortunately I don't like them), but it has very good taste- Quite similar to an "ordinary" beer, but richer aroma.
Grafenwalder Pils (0.29 EUR/0.5 l, 5.2 V/V%): 6/10. Same quality with Grafenwalder Gold, but slightly more bitter (as it is a Pils).

Quote from: Usrin on August 02, 2012, 09:25:18 PM
Let me introduce further newbies!

Ureich Premium Pils (0.69 EUR/0.5 l, 4.8 V/V%): 7/10
Ratskrone Export (0.39 EUR/0.5 l, 5.2 V/V%): 5.5/10
Kühler Krug Unfiltriert (2.29 EUR/0.75 l, 5.2 V/V%): 7.5/10. It's a speciality from a small brewery in Karlsruhe. It smells like a "white beer" (unfortunately I don't like them), but it has very good taste- Quite similar to an "ordinary" beer, but richer aroma.
Grafenwalder Pils (0.29 EUR/0.5 l, 5.2 V/V%): 6/10. Same quality with Grafenwalder Gold, but slightly more bitter (as it is a Pils).

I think here we have in Hungary Grafenwalder Pils with 4.9% alcohol content. You should really taste this when you come home first. :)

629.09 km

Not really beer, but I tested today - due to the very high temperatures here today - Soproni Lemon and Borsodi Lemon. My comparison says that Soproni Lemon has a better taste slightly. But this is really not a beer taste, so no ratings.

629.09 km