News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

But we should go back to the topic: beer & other alcoholic drinks, so... Any beer tests lately?

alanrotoi

Did you taste a pee of beer? We call it here Brahma :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 01, 2013, 04:25:45 PM
Did you taste a pee of beer? We call it here Brahma :D

Nice collection: Brahma, Masterbrew, Schlossmühle... :D

CTG

Stroh 80 (rum speciality from Austria, 80% alcohol content): the most concentrated spirit I have ever tried. When you open the bottle, you can see the released alcohol vapor... :D Strange, but the taste is not alcoholic (it's rather a sweet and very delicious punch) - but in the next second it starts to burn you like hell. I liked it very much, but it's not recommended to drink it in pure form just for getting drunk - you should rather dilute it with coke.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Notable drinks last week:

Velkopopovicky Kozel beer 12 extr. % (unfortunately, brewed in Slovakia, Pivovary Topvar, but still, much better than in Hungary)
Saris beer 12 extr. % (original)
Panyolai pálinkas (Elixír érlelt szatmári szilva, Mézes gyömbéres vilmoskörte, Fürtös meggy, fekete cseresznye)
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on March 11, 2013, 12:39:31 PM
Panyolai pálinkas (Elixír érlelt szatmári szilva, Mézes gyömbéres vilmoskörte, Fürtös meggy, fekete cseresznye)

For non-Hungarians: plum, william's pear with honey and ginger, sour cherry, black cherry.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 31, 2005, 09:47:00 AM
Let's remember all the brands I have ever tasted:

Adamsbrau
Amstel
Arany ?szok
Beck's
Borosty?n
Borsodi
Borsodi Bivaly
Carlsberg
Dreher
Edelweiss
Gold Fassl
G?sser
Heineken
Hofbrau M?nchen
Holsten
Kaiser
L?wenbrau
Pilsner Urquell
Rolling Rock
Schlossgold (brrrrrrr...)
Soproni ?szok
Steffl
Stella Artois
Tuborg
Zlaty Bazant

I think that's all...

amateur... :D

CTG

Quote from: CTG on March 09, 2013, 09:56:14 PM
Stroh 80...

...you should rather dilute it with coke.

Or mix it with raisins (~100 ccm to 50 g) and keep it in a closed bottle for a few months... it will be damned delicious!

CTG

Maybe I've asked it earlier, but which one is the most popular beer in your country?

Here it's obvious: Borsodi. But I guess the popularity of Arany Ászok and Soproni are not that far behind.

CTG

Last evening: Stroh 80 + Tokaji Hárslevelü (semi-sweet white wine, quite a delicious one).

CTG

I should stop it again.

CTG

I was surprised to see there are no new beer brands in my favorite delicatessen - only the well-known top Belgians... ::)

CTG

The first beer of 2013, last night: Heineken. No problem with my stomach so far.

I've found some references about the gluten content of this beer and surprisingly it is lower than the guaranteed level in Estrella Damm Daura (~3 ppm).

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

After a long break, I consumed 5 Borsodi beers in the weekend, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Forever Borsodi! BÖFF!!!

I also smoked 4 cigarettes, which fact raised my 2013 cigarette consumption to 6.5 cigarettes.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 25, 2013, 11:01:32 AM
I also smoked 4 cigarettes, which fact raised my 2013 cigarette consumption to 6.5 cigarettes.

My stats:

2010 - 0
2011 - 0
2012 - 0
2013 - 0 (so far)