News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Omer Blonde (BEL, 8% alcohol, ~1.3 EUR/0.33 l): I don't know what to say. It has a "true Belgian taste", while you can't really feel the high alcohol content. I suggest it for mild evenings in April. Mark: 8/10

CTG

St. Feuillien Bruin (BEL, 8.5% alcohol, ~1.5 EUR/0.33 l): another noble drink with the well-known Belgian backtaste (sometimes it reminds me a bit on rose tea). Alcohol content is not suppressed in taste, however it's not too alcoholic either. It deserves 9 pts from 10, not less. :)

CTG

Bad day: XY fucked up my diet (both gluten and lactose, well-done), again. Then I broke a mercury-filled thermometer, got a paddywhack and ruined a door in our flat. Then an old dickhole made me mad in the supermarket (he thought his age is enough to let him overtake me in the queue). I had no choice: sudden pálinka+beer shot (Miller Genuine). skid OFF, WORLD!

Usrin

Bernard Lager (CZE, 29.50 NOK/0.5 l, 4.5% V/V): 7/10. It is obviously a quality beer with rich aromas, however it was too bitter for my taste (at least in the end of a warm summer day). Quite similar to Ottakringer (AUT).
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on July 30, 2013, 12:05:09 AM
Quite similar to Ottakringer (AUT).

Strange, I always felt grape backtaste in Ottakringer.

CTG

Brugge Tripel (BEL, 8.7% alcohol, 17.8° extract content, 1.39 EUR/0.33 l): just like the place of brewery, it's wonderful. The bottle's design didn't really impress me, but the first gulp... ouch... one of the best Belgian beers. The color, the flavor, the scent, the well-balanced alcoholic effect... I couldn't really find a weak point. A new member in CTG's "Beer Hall of Fame". Mark: 9.5/10

CTG

Hey, Mr. Poo! Will you try the Turkish beer? ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on August 26, 2013, 09:52:24 AM

If there is any. 83% of the Turkish are abstinent, and there is the lowest alcohol consumption in Europe.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on August 26, 2013, 11:18:33 AM

If there is any. 83% of the Turkish are abstinent, and there is the lowest alcohol consumption in Europe.

But still more than zero. :D

CTG

Quote from: CTG on August 26, 2013, 12:50:21 PM

But still more than zero. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Turkey

zaqrack

Usrin

McEwan's Export ("Scottish Ale", 4.5% V/V, 1.29 GBP/0.5 l): 4.5/10. The usual British stuff. It was not like the really crappy beers (no strange backtaste, etc.), but somehow not my style.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on August 31, 2013, 12:43:43 AM
The usual British stuff.

Like used coffee grounds?

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on August 31, 2013, 09:44:03 AM
Quote from: Usrin on August 31, 2013, 12:43:43 AM
The usual British stuff.

Like used coffee grounds?

Yes, but in this case that "aroma" was not really strong. Some similar ones to come...

Usrin

Trof Lager (4.x % V/V, locally brewed draught beer in a pub in Manchester): 5.5/10
Carling (4.x % V/V, draught): 5/10
Happy Valley Black Magic (4.6 % V/V): 4.5/10
Happy Valley Lazy Daze (4.2 % V/V): 2/10 (yes, the REAL British stuff which CTG meant!)
Pedigree (5.0 % V/V): 4/10
Foster's (4.x % V/V, draught): 6.5/10 (a nice surprise, knowing the canned Foster's which is crappy compared to that)

There are two or three more which I don't remember... notes about them are on my working laptop, and will be posted tomorrow.