News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, I started with the Corsendonk Agnus Tripel. Even during the first few sips, I felt that I stepped to a different level of beer quality. Somehow it feelt like a bit of the yeastish taste of the wheat beers, though it was more original and smooth. Even during the last sips I felt the awesome feeling of the quality and the taste. 10/10.

Duvel was the following beer test. The first taste was very good, quite similar to Corsendonk Agnus Tripel, only a little bit less characteristic. But this was not long-lasting enough. The quality taste remained, I enjoyed the beer till the last drop of it, but it is a more mainstream, less characteristic and less tasty beer related to Corsendonk. 8/10

Now let's taste Kasteel Rouge.

Top beers:

10: Corsendonk Agnus Tripel, Pilsner Urquell
9.5: Zlaty Bazant (12 extract %, sold in Slovakia), Paulaner white beer, Löwenweisse
9: Radeberger, Kelt (12 extract %, sold in Slovakia)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Kasteel Rouge is not a beer for me, it has a too fruity taste to be a beer. So I won't give a mark. Nevertheless, it was worthy to taste it.

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 02, 2014, 10:06:11 AM
Kasteel Rouge is not a beer for me, it has a too fruity taste to be a beer. So I won't give a mark. Nevertheless, it was worthy to taste it.

Quote from: CTG on April 17, 2008, 06:32:54 PM
Oh my God, the first kriek "beer" of my life! I won't rate it because it's really far from beerish taste with the added cherry, but I have to say it's an excellent and tasteful (sweet) - maybe a bit femalish - drink (imaginary score: 10/10, don't add it to the database). Oh and what's that exactly? Kasteel Rouge (BEL, 8% alcohol, 579 HUF/ 0.33 l). I suggest it for Diesel Still Drinking Joe! ;)

! ;D

Romanian beer tests:

Peroni (ITA) 8.5/10 - re-test (excellent)
Ciuc (ROM) 7.5/10 - re-test
Ursus Black (ROM) 7.5/10
Ursus (ROM) 6.5/10 - re-test (not as good as it was earlier...)
Noroc (ROM) 5.5/10 (something like Arany Ászok Félbarna, though not a semi-dark beer)
Bucegi (ROM) 5.5/10
Skol (ROM) 5/10
Timisoreana (ROM) 4/10 (totally like Köbányai, maybe a little bit worse)
Silva (ROM) 3/10 - re-test

Beer test in the Mátra:

Jó Palóc Sör (HUN, with a photo of Kálmán Mikszáth on it), 600 HUF/1 litre bottle, 5.0%, produced in Balassagyarmat - 7/10, surprisingly good!

check http://www.palocsor.hu/

629.09 km

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 08, 2014, 07:29:14 PM
Romanian beer tests:

That one is available in the grocery store next to our flat, but I never thought that it is good... should be tested once!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Usrin

Btw, I've re-tested some "basic" Hungarian beers while being at home in December & April. Sadly enough, the quality of some previous favourites decreased in the last few years. Now I wouldn't rate Soproni and Dreher higher than 4.5/10. Borsodi's quality is stable, so it has overtaken the previous two - with 6/10 points. (And we should not forget the famous erection factor!) Even the "quality brand" of Soproni, called Soproni 1895 is behind Borsodi now (5.5/10 points).

Other re-tests:

Kaiser (brewed in HUN, licence from AUT): 4/10 - also seems to be on a slope...
Heineken (brewed in HUN, licence from NED): 7.5/10
Löwenbrau (brewed in HUN, licence from GER): 4/10 - it was always crappy
Pilsner Urquell (CZE): 7/10
Warsteiner (GER): 9/10
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Quote from: Usrin on May 08, 2014, 10:33:15 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 08, 2014, 07:29:14 PM
Romanian beer tests:

That one is available in the grocery store next to our flat, but I never thought that it is good... should be tested once!

First I tasted it in the USA in 2011 when we were taken to lunch to an Italian pizza restaurant (owned by an Italian man), and I liked Peroni very much that time as well.

629.09 km

CTG

Hacker-Pschorr Munich Gold (GER, 5.5% alcohol, 699 HUF/0.5 l): mediorce light beer for too much money. Mark: 5.5/10

CTG

Alcohol-free period, day 2. ;D

CTG

Americans trying international drinks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp2oBnhtoL8 ;D

I have to tell that Irsai Olivér (last spirit in this video) is quite a weak pálinka with ~40-45% alcohol content. A real pálinka starts over 50%...

Btw I remember JTK's face after the first shot... he did not expect such a strong poison. ;D

CTG

Mexicans stealing cerveza at the World Cup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EzaXQ3DtqQ

CTG

16th day without alcohol... ::)

Bulgarian beer test:

Zagorka: 6.5/10
Stolichno (wheat beer): 6/10
Pirinsko: 5.5/10
Burgasko: 5.5/10
Kamenitza: 5/10
Shumensko: 4/10

They were cheap and rather mediocre, but Zagorka is a full-taste quality beer (Stolichno is their product, too, but it had a too clear taste for a wheat beer).
Pirinsko and Burgasko are relatively low alcohol content freshening summer beers.
Kamenitza is sweet but not bad.
Shumensko is something like Arany Ászok in Hungary.

Bulgarian wines are not less expensive than in Hungary, but they are good.

Their national drink, rakija (Peshterska brand rakija, 40%) is something like a grape pálinka, quite good and tasty, worthy to try.

629.09 km

JosueKirwins

Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 25, 2013, 11:01:32 AM
After a long break, I consumed 5 Borsodi beers in the weekend, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Forever Borsodi! BÖFF!!!

I also smoked 4 cigarettes, which fact raised my 2013
electronic cigarettes consumption to 6.5 cigarettes.

Not good at all.. Drink beer but no to smoking..

CTG

Quote from: JosueKirwins on July 21, 2014, 06:20:11 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 25, 2013, 11:01:32 AM
After a long break, I consumed 5 Borsodi beers in the weekend, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Forever Borsodi! BÖFF!!!

I also smoked 4 cigarettes, which fact raised my 2013
electronic cigarettes consumption to 6.5 cigarettes.

Not good at all.. Drink beer but no to smoking..

I have to agree. Change smoking to a good pálinka (or a bad one).