News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vector

BEER IS THE BIGGEST SHIT IN THE WORLD. DRUNKS. MAD PEOPLE.

CTG

It's way too un-funny to act like a typical enlightened ghost. Give it up, Vector!

Vector

Didn't you know the joke?
But, beer has alcool- it's bad to drink it.

P.S.: this post is made in Quick Reply.

Usrin

Interesting world map: the most popular beer brand for each country. Not surprisingly, in Hungary it is the famous Borsodi. :)
http://vinepair.com/features/external/beer-world-map-3000-full-web.jpg

The ones which I've already tasted: Borsodi (HUN), Ringnes (NOR), Tuborg (DEN), Tyskie (POL), Zlaty Bazant (SVK), Gambrinus (CZE), Lasko (SLO), Heineken (NED), Kronenbourg (FRA), Carling (GBR), Guinness (IRL), Sagres (POR), Birra Morretti (ITA), Mythos (GRE), Budweiser (made in USA, most popular in CAN), Corona (MEX), Chang (THA).

It may be a shame, but I cannot recognize the German one... And neither the Swedish...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Shoegazing Leo

I tasted:
Skol (Brazil)
Brahma Chopp (Brazilian popular in Paraguay)
Quilmes (Argentina)
Corona (Mexico)
Budweiser (American popular in Canada)
Heineken (Netherlands)
Guiness (IRL)
Kronenburg (FRA)
Moretti (ITA, not the Strokes' brazilian drummer)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Usrin on March 13, 2015, 03:26:31 PM
Interesting world map: the most popular beer brand for each country. Not surprisingly, in Hungary it is the famous Borsodi. :)
http://vinepair.com/features/external/beer-world-map-3000-full-web.jpg

The ones which I've already tasted: Borsodi (HUN), Ringnes (NOR), Tuborg (DEN), Tyskie (POL), Zlaty Bazant (SVK), Gambrinus (CZE), Lasko (SLO), Heineken (NED), Kronenbourg (FRA), Carling (GBR), Guinness (IRL), Sagres (POR), Birra Morretti (ITA), Mythos (GRE), Budweiser (made in USA, most popular in CAN), Corona (MEX), Chang (THA).

It may be a shame, but I cannot recognize the German one... And neither the Swedish...

The ones which I've already tasted: Borsodi (HUN), Tuborg (DEN), Zlaty Bazant (SVK), Gambrinus (CZE), Lasko (SLO), Heineken (NED), Kronenbourg (FRA), Guinness (IRL), Birra Morretti (ITA),  Budweiser (made in USA, most popular in CAN), Corona (MEX), Chang (THA), Ozujsko (CRO), Kamenitza (BUL), Efes Pilsen (TUR), Jelen (SRB).

The German looks to be Oettinger, which sounds surprising.

I wonder about the favorite beers in Montenegro and Romania, because I'm sure that I've already tasted them. The Bosnian and the Albanian ones maybe also.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

BonzaiJoe

I've had Asahi, Tiger, Tuborg, Borsodi, Guinness, Heineken, Kronenbourg, Corona, Moretti, Mythos.

I've had plenty of Qingdao and Yanjing in China but never heard of this "SNOW" thing.
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

Snow is brewed in Lanzhou. I know, I was once invited for a factory visit. As far I know two reasons why it is the most popular beer:

- It is brewed in an area with heavier beer drinking habits than the rest of China (ok, nothing beats the city of Qingdao of course)
- It is MUCH cheaper than Qingdao and Yanjing, and for the migrant working class (the beer drinking segment) price matters a lot.

I still don't like beer, but my favourite Chinese beer name is Reeb. Because it is beer spelt backwards!

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: zaqrack on March 14, 2015, 09:31:56 PM
Snow is brewed in Lanzhou. I know, I was once invited for a factory visit. As far I know two reasons why it is the most popular beer:

- It is brewed in an area with heavier beer drinking habits than the rest of China (ok, nothing beats the city of Qingdao of course)
- It is MUCH cheaper than Qingdao and Yanjing, and for the migrant working class (the beer drinking segment) price matters a lot.

I still don't like beer, but my favourite Chinese beer name is Reeb. Because it is beer spelt backwards!

Great, thanks for clarifying this! I'll try it next time I go to China.

Not a lot of commodities have as catchy a name as beer. I tried to find other business areas in which you could use the same naming tactic, but couldn't find any - except that of course "Rac" isn't such a bad name for a car.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Gambrinus Originál (CZE) 10°, 4.3%, around 17-20 CZK in shops or supermarkets (0.5l can or bottle) - this is the most popular beer in the Czech republic, and I can understand why... good, bitter, typical Czech type beer, nothing wrong with it - 7/10

Gambrinus Excelent (CZE) 11°, 4.7%, around 18-20 CZK in shops or rather in supermarkets (0.5l can) - well, this time the higher extract content did not mean a better or more unique taste... though it can be felt that this beer is a bit stronger (as for the alcohol content at least) - 7/10

Gambrinus nepasterizovaný (CZE), ?, ?, draught in a Czech pub for 28 CZK (0.5l mug) - though I think it is a bit watery (draught beer), it had a clearly good taste, I enjoyed its every sip in the pub while we were watching an ice hockey game - 6.5/10

Kozel Medium / Sve'tlý Ležák (CZE) 11°, 4.6%, around 18-22 CZK in Czech shops or supermarkets (0.5l bottle), well, I know this beer well from Slovakia, this is still a very good one - 8/10

Kozel (CZE), 11°, 4.6%, draught in a Czech pub for 29 CZK (0.5l mug) - well, this beer is not as good when it's draught (?watered) when it is in a can or in a bottle... but a reasonable price beer in a quality Czech pub near our accomodation, where we were watching the CZE-SWE ice hockey WCH match (SWE won 6-5 after shootout) - 5.5/10

Samson (CZE), ?°, 4.7%, draught in the Wenceslas Square (Václavské náme'stí) for 40 CZK (0.5l, plastic glass)... it was good after a good Czech sausage there (60 or 70 CZK for a 200-250 g piece of grilled spicy sausages + a baguette), but nothing special... wasn't too watery, but wasn't too tasty either - 5/10

Primátor Polotmavý (CZE) 13°, 5.5%, bought in a Czech shop for ~24 CZK, this is a semi-dark beer (somewhere I've read that this is rather a red beer)... well, for me, it is a bit too strong, concentrated beer where the extract content of the beer and the alcohol fades the bitter taste of the hop. Though, my girlfriend liked it very much. For me - 5.5/10 (though the quality of the beer can be felt in its taste)

Staropramen Sve'tlý (Pale) (CZE), 10°, 4.0%, bought in a Czech small shop for ~17 CZK, well, this beer is much much weaker than the 12° (Ležák, Premium Lager)... actually, they have nothing to do with each other... this beer is rather average and dilute, watery - 4.5/10

Zlatopramen (CZE) 11°, 4.9%, bought in a Czech small shop for 35 CZK (2l bottle) - one of the best price/value ratio beers I've ever tasted... though seeing the price of this beer in other shops, I'm always sure that this beer was somehow mis-priced in this shops (where btw the shop assistants were Chinese)... good bitter taste and aroma, nothing wrong with it, typical Czech beer - 7.5/10

Svijany (CZE) Svijanský Máz 11°, 4.8%, bought in a Czech supermarket for 15-18 CZK (0.5l bottle) - average beer, a little bit sweeter than most of the Czech beers... can be good when chilled when you are thristy, but nothing special - 5.5/10

Pilsner Urquell (CZE) 12°, 4.4%, bought in a Czech Tesco for 26-27 CZK (0.5l bottle) - we can be relieved, it is exactly the same as it is sold in Hungary (a real import beer here, not a license beer or a fake import beer) - still 10/10, basic beer for me

Brought home to be tasted:
Rychtár' (CZE) 12°, 5.0%, bought in a Czech supermarket for 18-21 CZK (0.5l bottle)
Lobkowicz (CZE) 12°, 4.7%, bought in a Czech supermarket for 33 CZK (0.5l bottle)
Primátor Premium 12°, 5.0%, bought in a Czech supermarket for 18-21 CZK (0.5l bottle)

1 CZK = 10.97 HUF
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Shoegazing Leo

some weeks ago: Estrella Galícia (Spain Galiza, with brazilian version): I liked a lot

BonzaiJoe

I've stopped drinking past 2-3 beers since new year's. :o For the first four months of the year, I have not once had more than 4 beers in a night.

But Diesel Joe is still drinking.

alanrotoi

Wow I guess my last alcohol drink was last new year. I also stopped to drink soda (Cocacola, 7up, etc.). Only water (Villavicencio) and few times Cepita (sweet peach juice). :D

BonzaiJoe