News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beer

Started by CTG, May 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 03, 2019, 10:54:17 PM
Pripps Blå/SWE (after visiting Sweden, I managed to find out the brand name)
Ah, that was a staple when I was living there. I had forgotten about it!

The UK has been swept by the "craft beer" trend, which means every pub has different beers on rotation. That's great, some are really interesting and tasty, but then they are gone and impossible to find :|

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: dreadnaut on May 04, 2019, 03:52:01 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 03, 2019, 10:54:17 PM
Ah, that was a staple when I was living there. I had forgotten about it!

The UK has been swept by the "craft beer" trend, which means every pub has different beers on rotation. That's great, some are really interesting and tasty, but then they are gone and impossible to find :|

In Sweden, the 'staple' beers are rather mediocre or  bit worse. From the 'cheaper' cathegory (still expensive for Hungarian pockets), Mariestad's Dunkel was the best. Pripps Blå was below average.

On the other hand, Oppigård's craft beers were surprisingly good and very tasty. They simply (New Sweden IPA, Amarillo APA, Indian Tribute) ashamed the craft beers of traditional beer-producing countries like Slovakia, Czechia, Germany and maybe even Belgium. They are expensive (around 2.5 EUR/0.33 l) but so fvcking great!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

dreadnaut

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 04, 2019, 10:03:25 PM

This. And the "reduced alcohol" versions sold in common shops are even worse...

CTG

Monyó Dead Rabbit Double IPA (HUN, 9.5% alcohol, 949 HUF/0.33 l): the most expensive alcoholic pee I have ever drunk. Strange bitterness, too alcoholic taste & sour cornish backtaste. Never ever... Mark: 4/10.

CTG

I'm pretty sure that Lise would be fond of Desperados (5.9% alcohol, with tequila taste). For me, it's a sweet coctail.

Overdrijf

Desperados: at least it's not Corona.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on July 27, 2019, 10:42:08 PM
Monyó Dead Rabbit Double IPA (HUN, 9.5% alcohol, 949 HUF/0.33 l): the most expensive alcoholic pee I have ever drunk. Strange bitterness, too alcoholic taste & sour cornish backtaste. Never ever... Mark: 4/10.

Faxe 10% (DEN, 10% alcohol, 1499 HUF/1 l): another shitty extra strong beer. Tastes like a cheap festival beer, tuned with toxic organic solvents and some additional alcohol. At least it kills fast. Mark: 2.5/10.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, a three-times champion of the world, Michael van Gerwen. He will demolish Dolan (or at least I hope he will).

CTG

Eichbaum Festbier (GER, 5.5% alcohol, 0.95 l beer + 1 l mug: 1799 HUF)
The name tells everything. Nothing special, a drinkable light beer without sour or strange backtaste. Not memorable either. Ideal choice after a hard workday. Mark: 6.5/10

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Quote from: JTK on September 14, 2020, 04:10:10 PM
Quote from: Overdrijf on May 30, 2020, 04:40:28 PM
Desperados: at least it's not Corona.

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 31, 2005, 10:04:15 AM
My favorite is Corona with a quarter of lime put into the neck of the bottle.

It's Töff's favorite. There's no Corona beer in Hungary.

Well, when I was in California in 2013, I tasted Corona beer, I gave it a 5.5 mark.

I tasted Desperados this year, well, it is not really a beer, I found it drinkable but not good. Not my taste.

When I was in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in 2016, I tasted a drink very much like Desperados. Its name was Bandido (Cerveza con Tequila). It was a little bit better than Desperados. I drank it among the sand dunes in the warm December wind.

629.09 km

JTK

Okay... tried to make a joke... failed...

Overdrijf

Quote from: JTK on September 15, 2020, 10:00:30 AM
Okay... tried to make a joke... failed...

It's our solemn duty to make corona jokes until we're done with this mess, or it's done with us.

The beer that happens to carry the name is just an unfortunate collateral casualty. Or a good target of opportunity.

JTK

Yep, I see it absolutely like you do! 8) And - by the way - I like the Corona beer.

Quote from: CTG on September 17, 2020, 04:49:26 PM
Oh c'mon, these corona jokes are soooo outdated. We have no Corona beer here, but the most popular Hungarian sugar brand is called Korona. Every fuckin' meme site was full of that shit in February/March.

Well I must agree. Maybe we don't have Corona beer, but yes, we have Corona sugar, Corona box of matches, Corona Winehouse in Eger... I saw Italians listening to their 90s disco star, Corona, on the balcony, during their quarantine. Btw there is Corona Borealis and Corona Australis on the sky... Poor Czechs, Norwegians and Swedish, they must pay with corona (koruna, krone etc.) every day... and so on... It is so damned outdated to say the least...

However, I must admit that I'm still laughing at "Who killed Goliath? _ _ _ I D -> COVID" joke.  ;D

629.09 km