News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Favourite foods :)

Started by zaqrack, May 31, 2005, 12:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Ouch I almost forgot to mention:

- scrambled eggs with sausages and onion, maybe some other vegetables in it
- "hot sandwich" with ham, cheese, ketchup and maybe olive :)

I think now we would almost be able to plan the menu of the meeting! :)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Guly?s (gulasch in Germany) is also very delicious. It is especially good when it is cooked in a bogr?cs on garden parties. In this picture you can see an enormous bogr?cs with a good guly?s with a lot of paprika. :)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Uuuh... I want a real delicious guly?s now!  :)

zaqrack

Well lets put recipes here :)

I cooked pasta fredda con salsa di pomodoro yesterday, Lately I'm quite much into Italian food, and I must say it was delicious :)
The speciality of it is that the sauce is cold.
tomato dices + 2 garlic cloves + basil +rosemary + mint (fresh if possible) -?  mix together and leave standing for 2 hours at room temperature to have the flavours come together, then mix with mozarella cubes exactly the same size as the tomato.
Then put on cold al dente!!!! paste, and have a good meal.
Great, when the weather is hot.

On wednesday I cooked spinach penne with my love. Own creation, don't search for it on the web :)
Again you need some al dente penne (maybe not so crunchy as for the  other recipe), 250g is failry enough for 2 very hungry, or 2 moderately hungry people :)
The sauce consists of: 400-500g of minced spinach, 4 cloves of minced garlic -> cook these until spinach boils and some of the water goes away. Then add oregano, a generous amount of black pepper, a pinch of salt, a little parmesan cheese, and quarters of small champignon mushrooms. If you have big mushrooms, dice them up, but dont slice if possible, they'll get overcooked quickly.  
Bring to boil again, and then serve. The sauce is best when the mushroom is almost raw, but has the taste of some garlic.
Don't ever put cheese on the top, it ruins the harmony!

Dinmor

Quote from: "zaqrack"Yes I'm in a spam-mood :D I can have it too sometimes, can't I? :)

This opening post is especially dedicated to Dinmor :)
And its about
T?R? RUDI! (and many other things)

:D

Well if you bring some Turo Rudi to the meeting I will reconsider my view on that snack  :)
I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing.

penamy

HAS ANY ONE GOT A RECIPE FOR CHICKEN CONICH PASTES AS I CAN NOT FIND ONE ANYWHERE IF SO CAN I HAVE IT THANK YOU:(

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on May 31, 2005, 03:49:55 PM
Among "normal" foods, my favourite is a Slovak one: bryndzov? halusky (for some reason, Hungarians call it sztrapacska). It means small noodles (made with potatoes) mixed with "cottage cheese" (t?r?) made of sheep's milk, and served with bits of bacon on its top.

I tasted sztrapacska last week - it was the first try in my life. It won't become my favorite... (blame sheep's cottage cheese, I never liked it).

BonzaiJoe

I didn't think I liked sheep cheese, but after tasting strackptkscskcktpskaktcsa, I found out I did! It was a truly great dish, thanks for recommending it, Usrin.
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

I bought some Pick Paprika Salami two days ago - GREAT! But: 2.99 ? for 250g  :o Normal price is about 7 ? for 450 grams of Salami. But this time I couldn't resist. Me and my wife killed the whole thing in one evening, of course! ;D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Quote from: JTK on January 25, 2007, 12:22:16 PM
I bought some Pick Paprika Salami two days ago - GREAT! But: 2.99 ? for 250g  :o Normal price is about 7 ? for 450 grams of Salami. But this time I couldn't resist. Me and my wife killed the whole thing in one evening, of course! ;D

I'm not disappointed about your meat capacity. ;D

Eg?szs?gedre!

JTK

I can absorb hihetetlen numbers of MEAT! 8)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

A simple, but great recipe for WSM 2008:

-take some BIG potatoes, wash them thoroughly, and cook them slightly (edible, but not pulpish) without peeling.
-prepare some Zak-like hellish chili beans
-carve out the middle of the cooked potatoes with a spoon and fill with chili beans
-put some hungarian spicy sasuages on top
-put into the oven for 15 minutes
-enjoy :)

and I have bought the most spicy paprika ever. We couldnt finish it with my brother in a week...

lised

Quote from: zaqrack on January 21, 2008, 08:48:12 PM
A simple, but great recipe for WSM 2008:

-take some BIG potatoes, wash them thoroughly, and cook them slightly (edible, but not pulpish) without peeling.
-prepare some Zak-like hellish chili beans
-carve out the middle of the cooked potatoes with a spoon and fill with chili beans
-put some hungarian spicy sasuages on top
-put into the oven for 15 minutes
-enjoy :)

and I have bought the most spicy paprika ever. We couldnt finish it with my brother in a week...

There's just 1 tiny problem about that recipe zak; with all that potatoe you won't be able to eat as much chili beans :) I think chili beans goes best with more chili beans ;)

CTG

Hot paprika? Fine!!! I like to suffer from it. :D

Anyway there was a place one year ago next to my university called "Hot Pot" with a very similar dish (potato with chili beans) - but due to the low quality of the ingredients and the unreasonable high price it went bankrupt. But I guess your version will be a lot better.

CTG

No chili beans for 19 months. I guess a single portion would kill me now.