News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The future of the portal

Started by zaqrack, June 09, 2005, 03:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Well I finally had some time (don't want to learn marketing, d'oh :)) to care about the portal a bit.
I divided to competitions to active/inactive ones, and also removed the outdated stuff as well:

live race pages
useless links
and also the games section

you might know about it but almost all the abandonware rings have closed down, no people came for the games, so it was pointless to keep it up.

Now the portal looks very empty.
I considered shutting it down, but then I thought its still useful

1. there is no other listing of all the stunts competitions on one site
2. the portal is linked from many pages like the stunts wikipedia, and several froums, bringing 5-10 visitors/day.

However, I'd like to see the portal a little bit more alive.
If you have any suggestions what to put there and how to make it more alive/ maybe attract more visitors, just tell me.

some ideas:

1. Alain could again write articles as he did in Stuntsrus
2. New times could be posted out to the portal - i don't think this would work for a long time
3. pipsqueaks could start writing racing blogs about why they drive/dont drive
4. The forum might get integrated with the portal, as the main meeting point for the community.

I think the portal will might get a new engine. A portal-engine, where regustered users can post articles, others can comment on them, and you can access many other things. This would combine all my ideas in one :)

It's worth a try.
At least it's better than learning marketing :D

Krys TOFF

We can start with adding another active competition : Stunts Brasil (http://stuntsbrasil.rg3.net), which is back after one month stop.

alanrotoi

I think still there are interesting stuff in some inactive competitions like kalpen's or 4dsl.

There is a very interesting section about tricks in 4dstunts that may help to the pipsqueaks. Even Bonza Joe told me he learnt a trick there ^_^.

zaqrack

I know, thats why they are still available at the inactive competitions
section :D

BonzaiJoe

The portal is fine as it is, I think, being a portal... of course adding new stuff is great, but not too much. I think having pipsqueak blogs there might be taking it a bit too far.
But we can't be quite sure.

Gutix

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"We can start with adding another active competition : Stunts Brasil (http://stuntsbrasil.rg3.net), which is back after one month stop.

i agree with Krys  :smt023

For the people who doesnt know it, stunts brasil is a competition with no shortcuts (like IRC rules)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Live races section was useful as base of statistics but it's dead now... Suggestion to Zak: make live races in 2006 for some bonus points! :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Gutix"i agree with Krys  :smt023
I agree with the ones who agree with me. :smt119  :partyman:

Shoegazing Leo

The future of ST LOL

I'll make a new version of website, then i'll restart the awards, then will have further short competitions...

Krys TOFF

Zak, when watching "old news", picture of WSM (World Stunts Meeting) 2004 is not displayed... :(

zaqrack

I'm keeping the portal recently updated again.
If you have any ideas or wishes how to improve the content just drop a message here.

al il professore

WSC is inactive. (seems) USC is inactive (is) F stunts http://www.stuntstim.ar.gs/ is inactive but not present in inactive page

what is the trick with F stunts name? Effe stunts? skid stunts? help me to know it.

let's hope new pipsqueaks will beat you, ayrton :(
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

JTK

Quote from: "alanrotoi"I think still there are interesting stuff in some inactive competitions like kalpen's or 4dsl.

Kalpen's is inactive??? No way, mate, take a look, please!  :-)

Zak, you should not close down the SP at all! This portal really works as a portal. People come here and find the forum and the active and most interesting sites (from which they can go further). Let the portal be one of the main knots of the Stunts internet community.

BTW I agree to what BJ wrote (like I always do because he's a god and I won't contradict at all  :) )

zaqrack

sure JTK bont dont read the 1 year old posts as new please :)
I just didnt want to open a new topic thats why I posted here my question.  :)