News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Funny dreams

Started by CTG, June 14, 2005, 12:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

So tonight I did a lot of dreaming. There were at least one or two long bits before the stuff I'm writing down, but they were not Stunts related. (Although there were a bunch of car chases, but they weren't filmed particularly well, more focused on getting a full family of fugitives into sports cars randomly sitting around than on the driving.)

Eventually those bits morphed into an honestly halfway decent movie (by dream standards at least) about a human looking alien fugitive stuck on Earth. Space pursuit had seemingly been called off exactly because there was no way off this planet anyway. So she turned away from her life of whatever she had been doing and tried to get as much out of the Earth experience as she could. I think the first "quest" was flying a plane, and there was quite a bit of sex too. Sex scenes in movies tend to annoy me quite a bit for breaking up the whole flow, and here I am dreaming them in.

But at some point she tracks down a guy who owns like two very special classic cars she wants to drive living in the middle of nowhere. The cars don't work, so the guy thinks she's looking to buy them, but with a quick alien tech look under the hood they start, and she asks for an hourly rate. As she gets hired to work there (and by the end of the season makes ten times what she was hired for, why is that detail there?) the movie turns into a montage of the place becoming a successful off road racing location with powerups hidden in the bushes and everything and lots of different cars and motorcycles. And the soundtrack under the montage is Stunts! And it's a pretty good montage too, first person view motorcycle jumps and everything.

So, I immediately want to tell you guys about this movie with Stunts music in it! I log onto the forums to post about it, but the dream twists it so that she's the one posting about it. We have an alien fugitive on the forum, apparently. The moment she posts she gets a sort of cryptic reply back. She's been found out. Turns out everyone she was working with was an undercover space cop, but they hadn't had confirmation of her identity until now. (And even this honestly was a pretty good scene. they're in a train in an underground station now I think for some reason, for that clean spy movie aesthetic.) So... she was an active member here during her days of space crime?

After this plot twist I try to post to the forums a second time, but now the movie player just crashes or something. (I think this is also the part where I tried to remember the title of the movie by repeating it out loud, yet as soon as I woke up I couldn't remember the actual title I had been repeating.) I think I got it started again eventually, but the alarm clock went off not much later. So here I am trying to post about this a third time.

For as slow as this forum is and as relatively little messages I have posted here, it sure takes up a central part in my brain.

alanrotoi

I love this kind of dreams! ;D

Duplode

There's really a movie script in there! Great stuff  :D

Cas

Uhm... a car racing game with human + alien technologies mixed and both human and alien AI opponents.... That would be a great thing to make. Great inspiring dream!  8)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Overdrijf on November 23, 2021, 07:03:07 AM

So, I immediately want to tell you guys about this movie with Stunts music in it! I log onto the forums to post about it, but the dream twists it so that she's the one posting about it. We have an alien fugitive on the forum, apparently. The moment she posts she gets a sort of cryptic reply back. She's been found out. Turns out everyone she was working with was an undercover space cop, but they hadn't had confirmation of her identity until now. (And even this honestly was a pretty good scene. they're in a train in an underground station now I think for some reason, for that clean spy movie aesthetic.) So... she was an active member here during her days of space crime?

This is one of my favorite things I've seen here  ;D Maybe a lot of mysterious things that have happened here can be explained by the space alien from your dream...
But we can't be quite sure.