News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Paleke's world stunts championship

Started by alanrotoi, August 16, 2005, 05:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleke

For now that's the only known bug of SSEHPTC, it doesn't show the last 0 when the time ends in 50. We (me and mostly EdR) tried to fix it, but we never could.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 01, 2008, 09:34:36 PM
Quote from: Paleke on May 01, 2008, 08:26:31 PM
After almost 15 days of inactivity, I just want to remind you that tomorrow is the deadline for TATETI... Don't forget about it  ;)

I hadn't forgotten it, it's only it gets more exciting near the deadline.  ;D
Else, for some mysterious reason I do not feel comfortable with the track (no clue why, it's a pretty nice design actually), so most likely Mark and the rest of you won't see the "real" me this time as welll... :D

It seems that your mysterious reason is also mine... I don't know, I think to have raced quite well, but... there's something I missed... Trick? Path? Simply lower skill? 1,5 seconds is not a little gap, thinking also it will be increased after the deadline...  I'm really curious to see who will win between Ayrton and BJ, and above their replays...
Anyway, I'm failed my main goal (not over 1 second gap from Ayrton)...  ::)   Let's see what will happen in next track, hoping Paleke won't place another insupportable (at least for me!) Up/Down Corkscrew!  :D

BonzaiJoe

Okay I will have to do a serious try to improve. When is the deadline exactly?
But we can't be quite sure.

Paleke

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 02, 2008, 10:28:58 AM
Okay I will have to do a serious try to improve. When is the deadline exactly?

Today at midnight, Argentinian time (GTM -3). You can "hide" your time in a similar way as in ZakStunts.

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 02, 2008, 08:26:20 AM
Let's see what will happen in next track, hoping Paleke won't place another insupportable (at least for me!) Up/Down Corkscrew!  :D

What? I love up/down corkscrews!  ;D  My tracks (before WSC, all of them lost) used to have plenty of them, and they used to be very very long too (sometimes over 10 min). :P
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

1st run just done at mùy job, I'll have to do much better before the deadline 'cause I'm last right now. ;D

Duplode

After 25 days I finally succeeded to improve my time. Still no idea about what kind of black magic is needed to get 1:01.xx, though...

Quote from: Paleke on May 02, 2008, 04:21:53 PM
What? I love up/down corkscrews!  ;D  My tracks (before WSC, all of them lost) used to have plenty of them, and they used to be very very long too (sometimes over 10 min). :P

Well, my tracks of old usually tended to be in 4-6 minutes range... Even now when I get to design a track intended for competition I often have to build bypasses cutting off half of the track in order to make them have acceptable length  ;D
As for the corks u/d, I even enjoy driving downwards on them, but definitely not upwards... ::)

Krys TOFF

I like corks up=>down when I have enough speed to jump over them (remembrance of IMSA Cup-style tracks). ;)
I like corks down=>up when I'm not force to race them (meaning, when I can cut them). :D
OK, you all understood that corks u/d (or d/u) are not my favorite track elements. ;D

BonzaiJoe

I'm also looking forward to see Ayrton's 0.59.75 replay!

(just a projection, don't rush to the scoreboard)

Paleke

Well, actually there is no Ayrton's 0.59.75 replay (even though I was expecting something like that too).

The problems are:

1- I'm now in the middle of a system reinstall, so my computer won't be operative for a while.

2- I have an exam on Monday, so I don't have time to do all the stuff that must be done at this point of the track.

That's why I'm announcing that the update will be delayed for a few days, but it will be for before next weekend. That's all I have to say for now, I'm off to study   :-\

Paleke

New track available now  ;)

(just before "next weekend", Argentinian time  ;D )

Duplode

Great, and quite significant, victory from Bonzai Joe! Congratulations, the championship is really set on fire!! 8)
Now I need to find back some form in WSC - even if I, as well as Mark, am not exactly underperforming in relation to 2007 in terms of absolute and relative times...

Also, @Paleke (or, eventually, some other WSC pipsqueak): could you please upload replays for the last three tracks (Mexicana, The Maze and Tateti) on this thread? I'm having trouble with the Replay downloads page of the site (links seem broken) although I don't know whether there's some issue with the files or it's all my proxies' fault.

Duplode

IRC rule interpretation question for the new track: are spiraling jumps off ramps allowed? By spiraling jumps, I refer to the classic trick where one enters the ramp coasting it along its edge so that the car rolls outward along the ramp guardrail and then takes off rotated sideways:

As you can see in this screenshot, which corresponds to the furthest outward position during the trick, the right side wheels are just above the guardrail, thus the car seems to be OWOOT. The polemic point that concerns me is whether grinding the walls as one could do with a skateboard should be counted as illegal exploitation of a collision bug (even though this situation is not completely distinct from the boulevard bump bug...)

Mark L. Rivers

Well, congratulations to BJ and Ayrton, really two fantastic races!
About me, well... after seeing replays I'm a bit more satisfied than I was before to see them. I see I contained my gap as I wanted (1 second from Ayrton) almost until the deadline, and only a wretch last jump made me more far from the first time... In fact I see my gap at the base of the last ramp is 0,80 seconds from BJ and 0,75 seconds from Ayrton (0,05 my gap after 20 seconds of race and 0,30 after 30 seconds), then they "sure" made a better choice than me...  ;) Effectively, I had tried to make the same their trick in last jump, but without too much conviction, due to know that the gap was too large to be fill, and not thinking that I could save almost 1 second...  ::)
Well, anyway, after seeing replay I understood where can I can improve, and I'm not talking about last jump or corkscrew...  ;)

Hoping Duplode comes back soon at his top (0,75 seconds at first loop mean again not a big engagement...  ;)) I attached for him what he demanded...  :)

See all you on Naval scoreboard, where I think the gaps will be higher than it could seem...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Too bad my fastest replay has not been considered valid, 1'14 is not a decent tuime to publish in the scoreboard... ::) ;D

BonzaiJoe

Thank you! It's only my second win the last 14 months, so it means a lot, especially with Ayrton racing :). Nice jump at 35-36 seconds, Mark & Ayrton!